For Rent in 96734>Question Details

Margot, Renter in Kailua, HI

So how do I report FRAUD!?

Asked by Margot, Kailua, HI Sun Sep 5, 2010

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 96734

Answers

7
This one definitely appears to be a scam. I haven't contacted them. Has anyone else?

Rarely available custom Kama'aina home located ...
122 Kuukama St Rarely available custom Kama'aina home located in highly sought after Kuulei Tract neighborhood of Kailua. Located just a short block from Kailua Beach, this home is situated on a large and desirable corner lot. Newly painted and landscaped offering a large living area with high ceilings and a spacious enclosed lanai with an interior laundry room. 2 car garage. Great home for large gatherings.
Listing Info for 122 Kuukama St
Information last updated on 03/31/2014 02:37 AM:
Price: $1,000
Deposit: $900
3 Bedrooms
2 full Bathrooms
Single-Family Home

Status: For Rent
Built in 1958

Zip: 96734
Provided By: Postlets.com
2,218 sqft
It is definitely a scam... it's funny b/c "he" mentions his wife but he has his name listed as Patricia. Never seen a man named Patricia.

It gives me joy knowing that you are interested in renting my house; it’s still very much available for rent and ready for immediate occupancy. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because i am not too keen about how much I am renting the house out but to whom i am renting the house out to and I put the house up for sale before now but had to change my mind as my wife is not OK with us selling the house. My intention is to rent my house to someone that is responsible and be ready to take great care of the house as if it were his or hers, that is why the rent is low. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the house.
--
I would like you to know that i am giving this house out for rent because i have been posted to West Africa as an Pediatrician (Kid's Doctor) and would spend couple of years before i would be t
Flag Mon Mar 31, 2014
As close as I can tell, this ENTIRE website is made of fraudulent ads:
http://instantrent.com/

And it's for sale!
Here is some fraud for your review

Thanks for your email and interest in renting my house. Property is available for move in at the moment for $1400 for the month rent and $1300 for the security deposit (Refundable After Lease period , As long as there are no damages on property after inspection). For immediate move in you would be required to make a total payment of $2700 but if you are not moving in Immediately, you would be required to make a down payment of $1300 for the security deposit Non- negotiable, to hold property till desired move in date.

Unfortunately, I would not be present in person to show you the property due to my recent job transfer to London, UK, and I do not have a local representative to show the house due to my transfer so if you are interested in renting the property and willing to work with me despite my absence then I would email the necessary papers for the lease to you, for necessary endorsement.

I also want to tell you that the neighborhood is secured and the people staying there are good.

Details of the house is below;

Rent: $1400.
Security Deposit: $1300
4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathroom.
Single-Family Home.
Location: Highlands Ranch CO 80129.
Street Address: 10027 Silver Maple Road.
Pets Allowed: Cats and Dogs.
Size: 2,751 sqft.
Home available for immediate move in.
Lease Term: 6months, 1year, 2years, 3years.

Single family home in Highlands Ranch. Beautiful, move in ready 4 Bed 3 Bath Home in Highlands Ranch! This property offers over 2700 square feet, complete with large fenced back yard and 2 car attached garage! Large master with 5 piece bath, unfinished basement - great for storage! Large kitchen, washer/dryer, close to HRCA fitness centers and shopping and dining - off of Wildcat Reserve Parkway! Pets allowed!

Regards.
Aba Shroff.
3212579029.
Hi Margot,

Is this regarding Craiglist postings? I have been seeing some strange stuff lately.
A friend called and said there was a place for rent for $1000/month on a long-term lease. The owner claimed he was in another country. This is happening a lot recently.

Aloha,
Frank
Web Reference: http://www.hawaiihome.biz/
Hi Margot,

Here is a good link to go to http://www.fraudguides.com/report/hawaii.asp This is a good sight to find legal advice and report findings of fraud. This is a very serious matter and with the economy in a slump we need to prevent these matters as soon as we see them starting to form before it gets worst. Good luck and please let me know if you need anything else.

Mahalo,

Jordan
If it concerns a rental issue, start here for more info: http://hawaii.gov/dcca/ocp/landlord_tenant

Margot,

Fraud is a very serious issue that should involve the legal process including the local police and legal assistance.