For Rent in Carlsbad>Question Details

lindast.ange…, Home Buyer in Encinitas, CA

Seeking rental while viewing a condo/townhome purchase

Asked by lindast.angelo, Encinitas, CA Thu May 2, 2013

Answers

4
You'll probably pay a rental premium (usually about 10% above market rent) for a lease that allows an early release should you locate a property to purchase and move into. Generally, a one year lease is expected.

Obviously, if you find a property to rent and at some point after move-in you agree to discuss and/or negotiate for the purchase the parties can also determine a acceptable lease termination date. I do not recommend a lease to own contract. These agreements rarely accomplish the intended savings by the tenant-buyer.
Web Reference: http://fbs-pm.com
Hi Linda,
I'm currently working with a client seeking a 1 year apartment rental in the Carlsbad area. A number of places I have viewed offered shorter term rentals. You will typically pay more for that flexibility. Give me a call and I can share my findings with you - 760-687-5836.
I have vacation rentals. I list them on VRBO.com. If you need any additional information. Max Coates 619-203-2045
Sounds like you want a short term(3-6 month?) rental. You could find a vacation rental but those are usually furnished, and this time of year, quite expensive. You may find an owner willing to rent an unfurnished place month to month but just make sure if it is a short sale situation, you know the pros and cons. Apartments will let you rent month to month, but at a higher fee than if you sign a longer lease. Craigslist is your best place to start.