For Rent in Portland>Question Details

msaephanh89, Renter in Portland, OR

Second Chance Landlords - I need help finding a rental

Asked by msaephanh89, Portland, OR Sun Apr 21, 2013

Hi, my name is May. I am looking for a 2bdrm to rent but have some dings in my rental history. I do owe a landlord still and I am being honest and up front. My kids and I are looking for a place of our own again and is hoping that someone can give us a second chance. We have been living house to house at who ever will let us rent or stay with them. I am a hardworking single mom who works full time. A good way to contact me is through my email msaephanh89@gmail.com. I am signed up for Rent Well Classes that are starting in May. I'm trying everything in my power to find someone that would have hope and faith in me and would rent to me again. I have made mistakes in the past and is trying to pay the previous landlord back but it is extremely hard when my entire income goes to motels/hotels so I can have a roof over my children's head. Please consider me as a tenant or let me know either way.
Have a wonderful day/night.
God Bless
May.

Answers

4
STARKFIRS!!!!
they are awesome!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
they are rude and very racist they also owe me 2000.00 and a good reference by the courts but they have never given me one after years this has ruined me to be able to get a place and has made me homeless and i lost my kids due to being homeless because of Mr Moe
Flag Mon Dec 9, 2013
No, just bad credit and no evictions.
May;

Sounds tough, sorry about your ordeal. When you say bad previous rental history, is it something on your credit report? If not, I wouldn't mention it to the next landlord. Many private landlords do not do credit checks, and only need references. Not telling you to lie, but if you start off saying you were recently evicted and owe a past landlord money, no landlord will want to deal with that same ordeal...

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
You may have to find a roommate situation with someone who is looking to share a home. Many such folks do not do credit checks and living in that kind of situation would allow you to save a lot of money, pay off your creditors and then move on. Just a thought.