For Rent in Rockville>Question Details

Yabu, Other/Just Looking in Maryland

Rental market in Fallsgrove Rockville

Asked by Yabu, Maryland Mon Oct 17, 2011

Hello, I am in the process of moving closer to dc but am getting ready to put my TH up for rent. Can anyone give me an indication of how strong the rental market is for the neighborhood? I own a 4 story Montgomery model TH in Fallsgrove true end-unit. How long in advance would you suggest I put it in the market (I plan to move in a month)? And if I decide to retain an agent to list for me, what can I expect to pay? Thank you! First-time landlord...

Answers

3
Yabu’s answer
Response: I will mostly likely manage the property myself. I have heard that fall/winter is a slower period for rentals. Is this true? And should I be allocating more time to finding tenants (I plan on being out by early/mid Nov). Thank you!
Dear Yabu,
The rental market is very strong right now Many people are opting to rent instead of continuing to pay their high mortgages. The townhomes in Fallsgrove that are now listed are from $3100-$4500. When you rent a home, and use a REALTOR to market it, you will pay 1 months rent that is split between both agents; the agent listing it, and the agent bringing the renter. The agent you select to list your home should have a strong on line marketing plan to bring the most interest. Further, be sure the agent you select uses a system to pull the applicants credit, and check his/her background. Are you going to manage it yourself month to month, or employ a property manager? I'm happy to discuss those options and more with you if you'd like to contact me directly. I cover the entire DC Metro area.
Ariana Loucas,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 17, 2011
Yabu, the rental market in Falls Grove is very strong. The staticis are as follows for the period July 17, 2011-October 17, 2011. One 4 level townhouse with 4 bedroom, 3 full baths and 1 half bath and a 2 car attached garage with the living square footage of 1,497 rented for $2,550 on September 24. It was listed on the Multiple List Service for 8 days.

Please contact me directly for a FREE full detailed market analysis of the Falls Grove community. My office is located in Falls Grove (Long & Foster).