For Rent in Atlanta>Question Details

Dr. Arnie Ma…, Renter in Outside U.S.

Relocating to the Atlanta area around mid-Nov., 2012. Any suggestions where to live ?

Asked by Dr. Arnie Mann, Outside U.S. Tue Sep 18, 2012

I'm a 50 divorced male dental specialist looking to rent an apt., condo, townhouse, or small house for at least one year. I'll be traveling to multiple offices in the Atlanta metro area: Cascade, Douglasville, Conyers, Fayetteville, and Marietta...working at each office approx. twice a month. Totally unfamiliar with Atlanta ! Help !...LOL

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Atlanta

Answers

13
Hello Arnie,

Visit http://www.Search-Atlanta-Homes.com to view all of the available rental listings that meet your criteria..

Adrian Provost
404-910-9924
mail@AdrianProvost.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
You might want to look at a lease at The Atlantic - I know a few folks who live there now and you can't beat the location and the amenities at their lease prices.

Otherwise, I like Inman Park for you.

Everything else will have measures of awesomeness, or lack of awesomeness that only you can judge, but for short term "get to know Atlanta" location and very convenient access to all points, I'll stand by my recommendations...

I'll also recommend a helicopter and a jet pack for some of your commute days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 19, 2012
Thanks, Lee...strapping on the Bell Lab jet-pack as we speak !
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hello Arnie--

It does look like you will have a crazy commute as far as driving all over the metro area. All of the offices you mentioned are in the suburbs, well outside the Perimeter.

Cascade is southwest.
Douglasville is west.
Conyers is east.
Fayetteville is south-- way south!--- and Marietta is northwest!!!

I agree with the agents who have suggested living "in town" which is generally how we refer to the area inside the Perimeter highway, I-285. Beside Midtown and Buckhead, you might also take a look at Virginia Highland and Decatur.

There are several distinct advantages to living in town.
1) You may very well be driving opposite of the traffic flow most days, since the great majority are coming into town, not heading away from the center.
2) There are several great, walkable neighborhoods in town with restaurants, bars, theaters, and many other things to do.
3) Cool, fun people live in town. :)

I know the city well and would be glad to help. Feel free to call me at 404-790-8184.

Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
Dr. Arnie Mann,

The locations in which you will be working are quite spread out so that opens up a lot of areas. The west end may be more benificial because of Fayetteville, Marietta and Douglasville spannig roughly from the South West to North West ends, just outside the perimeter (285). Also, ease of access to 285 will be very helpful. The Sandy Springs/Dunwoody would be a good suggestion and Buckhead if you want a bit more of a city feel. Those areas are just to name a few. Should you have any more questions, feel free to get in touch with me!

Matt Mahaffey
matt.mahaffey@prudentialgeorgia.com
With such diverse work locations, it really depends on your lifestyle when you are looking for an area to live. Atlanta has many great places to live! If you would like to shoot me an email with you interests, I can recommend some neighborhoods for you. Jackie.dyer@coldwellbankeratlanta.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
I personally have an assumable loan that you may be interested in to take over in a nice GOLF community in Covington, GA near Conyers, GA and it is 35 miles to Atlanta on HWY 20-NICE!...contact me if interested or go to Zillow.com and put in search the address: 10119 Azalea Dr Covington, GA...phone number on adv. THX, EL
Hmmm.....maybe an option would be to reside within the city of Atlanta so you can be centrally located
between your MANY offices. Virginia Highlands, Kirkwood, Inman Park, Buckhead (of course), and Vinings are some choice areas that comes to mind. These towns host parks and "walk-to town/stores" type of areas while boasting many beautiful homes.
Writing on Trulia about all your possibilities will be too much, so if you would like to give a call to a
Realtor to directly discuss your options....
If you can perhaps also visit Atlanta prior to your move to get a feel of the area and towns and what each has to offer, that would be ideal and save you some headache!

Best with your relocation to HOTTlanta!!! =)

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
Web Reference: http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
Dr. Mann
I might have a condo that would be a perfect fit for you. Please feel free to call me at 678 697 4984 cell..
Kathy Rice
Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby's International Realty
Hi Kathleen...will call asap ! Thanks
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Hello Dr.Arnie,

I'd recommend Buckhead. It looks like you have to travel all over Atlanta.
It is a very nice area and located in the middle of places you have to travel too.
You will enjoy great restaurants and bars.
Let me know if you need help to find a place,

Katya Cooper
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Perimeter
Thanks, Katya...will do !
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Hi Dr Mann,

With your travels you will be North, East, South and West of the Downtown Atlanta area. I think you should get a place within the City of Atlanta so you can be centrally located since you will be driving in different directions on a regular basis.
You may want to consider living in Vinings area. It is very conveniently located at I-285 and I-75.
Thanks, Maria !
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Hello Dr.Arnie I would have said to try & live close to work because Ga. Traffic can be a nightmare but it seems like your gonna be all over the place. Conyers, Cascade & Marrietta are nice areas (personal opnion) but for the most part it just depends on personal preference maybe its a good idea to find something thats close to MARTA since you will be in some many different places so can take public transportation.I can definitly help you find a property to rent. Let me know if I can help. Kaylane Peters. Keller Williams Realty Metro Atl. 504-373-9696
Thanks so much, Kayleen...I'll be in touch ...use to long commutes, traffic, and getting up early !...lived in Boston area for a long time ! LOL
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Thanks, Kayleen !...I'll be in touch...use to long commutes and getting up early !...
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Those areas are all across the city. I don't even you that type of drive (or the decision on where to live)! I suggest you stay very close to the Interstate system. You might want to consider someplace like Midtown, which is convenient to I-75/85 and I-20.