For Rent in Miami Beach>Question Details

Teta, Renter in Miami Beach, FL

Question about listing $1,200/mo 1330 West Avenue, Miami Beach FL 3313

Asked by Teta, Miami Beach, FL Mon Jul 5, 2010

I'm in search for a condo in MIami Beach. I was going through the listings and found the one to the above address. Requested more info from the agent and here is the response I got:
ME: What about the condo on 1330 West Avenue, Miami Beach FL that is listed for $1200 and is still active online
AGENT STEIN: The condo is under contract and was since the first day it got listed. Did you want me to look for other units in the building for you?
The condo is rented and it is up to the leasing agent to remove it and update it from the mls, sometimes it takes a couple weeks. The cheapest unit in the building for a 2 bedroom is $2300. That listing was for a office space, it is not residential.
THE RESPONSES THAT I'M GETTING ARE FROM THE LISTING AGENT, AND IF PROPERTY IS N/A NEEDS TO BE REMOVED SO AGENT DOESN'T WASTE OUR TIME.

Answers

4
Mott Kornicki’s answer
The listing should be updated to reflect the current status. Many agents leave listings as active until the tenant actually moves in and passes the condo screening.

It really does no justice or service to the public nor cooperating agents by leaving the listing as active.
Thanks for the response, as you said if something is not available there is no reason for that agent to waste my time or have listing just to collect info. As well as he told me that:
Unfortunately there is nothing in the beach for a 2 bedroom with parking for under $1800 a month that is around 1000 sqft. Let me know if you are willing to spend around 1800 or 2000 per month. If not it will be near impossible to find something within this price range in the area
Agent name is STEIN !!!

I'm in a search of a condo in MIami Beach Area for 1 year lease. I'm looking for nice 2 bed/2 bath with parking and the price range I had in mind is $1500 per month. If someone has something that I don't see...can let me know.
It takes 5 seconds to change the listing from Active, and the change takes place in the MLS in real time. Sorry you stumbled on an agent's questionable "marketing" tactics... he/she is trying to find clients such as yourself, but his/her actions are in violation of MLS rules.
Absolutely if the property is no longer available it should be pended upon contract execution