For Rent in Minneapolis>Question Details

D, Renter in Minneapolis, MN

Place to rent in Minnetonka, Hopkins, Plymouth area

Asked by D, Minneapolis, MN Thu May 23, 2013

I'm looking to find a place to rent that is relatively close to the 394/494 interchanges. I would like to find a something like a town home or even a home for around 1000-1300/month. 2bed/1.5bath/2 car garage is what I'm aiming for. I've been able to find things that I'm looking for on craigslist but most of the owners are weird and crazy, even wanting to come inspect my home before I could do a tour of the perspective place... HELP

Answers

3
"When an owner gives the keys to a property worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to a complete stranger, and seeks some way of knowing how that stranger cares for their current residence, I don't find that weird or crazy at all. Most of the owners on Craigslist are reasonable people, in my opinion.

Good Luck."

I understand the need to feel secure when renting a property to someone, however, that is what background checks, credit checks, rental references and the like are for. I personally have no issue with people coming into my house, but when it is a complete stranger off craigslist, that is not going to fly with me. I'd rather deal with a legitimate property management company.
Call or email me. I do have properties ready to rent that would work for you. Unfortunately many of the Craigslist properties are not exactly legitimate. This week two clients were having a similar issue as yours and in each case the person supposedly renting the properties was not the owner as stated and had no representation rights. As your agent, I find the right property and protect you. Liz, 612-986-4105
When an owner gives the keys to a property worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to a complete stranger, and seeks some way of knowing how that stranger cares for their current residence, I don't find that weird or crazy at all. Most of the owners on Craigslist are reasonable people, in my opinion.

Good Luck.