For Rent in Center City West>Question Details

Mallorie Mae…, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

Need an 1-2 bedroom apartment between center city Philly and Bensalem.

Asked by Mallorie Mae Faubert, Philadelphia, PA Sat Apr 13, 2013

Moving to Philly in a month, I have a new job in Bensalem but don't want to live too far from center city either. So I'm looking for somewhere kind of in the middle in a relatively safe neighborhood. Budget is $800 a month.

Answers

6
Christina Ferriello’s answer
Hi there,

I agree that Bensalem is not where you want to be if you enjoy the city.

Fishtown/Northern Liberties has really taken off over the past few years. There are a lot of people in their 20-30's living in the area and it is right near I-95.

Jamie made a good point about the Northeast as well. There are some great rentals available and you will still not be too far from the city.

If you would like me to see what is available for you, don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me an e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Christina Ferriello
Century 21 Alliance
3012 Township Line Road
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
610) 449-6006 (Main Office)
(610) 449-0645 (Fax)
(914) 469-7672 (Cell)
christinaf@century21.com

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
https://www.facebook.com/cferriellorealtor
https://twitter.com/XtinaRealEstate
If you are in your 20's-30's I wouldn't move to Bensalem. Actually, I wouldn't move there at all to be honest. For a suburb it doesn't have too much going for it besides a dumpy casino filled with trash.
For $800 you can probably get a 1 bed/ 1 bath apt. in the Northeast section of the city. I would recommend Holmesburg/Mayfair. 10 minutes drive or less without traffic to Center City, tons of bars, transportation, 5 minutes to I-95 and the Roosevelt Blvd. (main route to Center City and Bensalem areas). Penny Pack Park where they have concerts and walk/jogging paths.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
PS I'm not an agent. Unlike the other two that gave you iffy info.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
Thank you Christina for being honest.
I am actually on here looking for my mothers' boyfriends' son and his sons girlfriend. They are moving here for grad school. The girlfriend is from So.Cal. and he is from Fl. but lived in B-more for the past two years.
They are looking to rent around the Manyunk area but not outside the city limits. Or maybe buy.
Their wants are pretty large but I'm sure do-able. Prefer rent $1,800/mo., at least 2 bed/2 bath, some fenced yard for their two, medium size dogs, and easy parking. I don't know what they would want to pay if they would want to buy. They are looking to move June/July.
I can always send them your information if you feel you can find what they are looking for. I do appreciate your honesty and non-biased comments about specific neighborhoods.
Jaime,

Feel free to send your relatives (*easiest way to refer to them :) ) my information. I can definitely look for something that fits their needs and I would like to speak with them about what is really important in a home (rental or otherwise).

Many of the rental clients I have worked with in the past have been from out of state, so I can get them better acquainted with the area.

I appreciate the referral and I look forward to hearing from them. If you ever need real estate help in the future, I would love to help you as well.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Christina Ferriello
Century 21 Alliance
3012 Township Line Road
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
610) 449-6006 (Main Office)
(610) 449-0645 (Fax)
(914) 469-7672 (Cell)
christinaf@century21.com

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
https://twitter.com/XtinaRealEstate
Flag Mon Apr 22, 2013

Welcome to Bucks County. If your working in Bensalem, I would not move into Phila. You have to pay city wage tax and if you have a car, higher insurance rates and higher rent insurance rates.
You can take the train into Philly or NYC. or take I95 and in 15-20 minutes, your in center city Phila.
Bensalem was on Money magazine list of great places to live. There are river acess parks, free summer concerts, golf course/country club, free tennis courts, Parx casino and of course shopping.
Are you after a apt. in a house or a complex? I would be happy to help you with your search and take you of a tour of the area.

Kind Regards,

Sue Breault
Keller Williams Real Estate
215-205-9643
sbreault415@yahoo.com
There is hardly anything safe in between. Any other good area outside of center city is a bit away from I-95. Some areas of North East Phila may be OK but they are far from center city.
Northern Liberties and Fishtown are a bit closer but not more than bu a mile..
There is no truly good area sort of in between or more exactly the middle.. I would strongly suggest Art Museum Area in this case.
Please feel free to contact me any time. I will do searches for you to find something that will fit your budget.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
City Avenue Shopping Center
7708 City Ave., Suite 219
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Fax:484-453-8313
Licensed In Pennsylvania

Dmytro V. Bova
Bova Property Group

~ Never Stop Building!