For Rent in Lakewood>Question Details

John Beers, Renter in Golden, CO

Need a felon friendly place. Have great references and am willing to pay extra for a chance. What should I do?

Asked by John Beers, Golden, CO Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

7
This is going to be terribly difficult for you to overcome. What I would do is find a private landlord that is willing to take a chance. Most big apartment complexes have struck rules and regulations regarding criminal history. Good luck to you and if you need anything please reach out.

Team PowerHouse Denver
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 19, 2013
PLEASE HELP ME! IM in the half way house and need a 1Bd Apt. ASAP! I work and have a non-violent felony.Need to stay in the Denver area. IM 50yr. old, and really just need a place to call home. I'm also a Vet.reach me at sirchaz515@gmail.com
Flag Thu Apr 10, 2014
Are you interested in renting? If so, contact the Community Re-Entry program. They can provide you with a referral to a felon friendly landlord. I provide felon friendly housing to recently released inmates who are on parole, but don't presently have any openings.

Here is a contact for you:
Dan Katzenberg
Community Re-Entry Specialist
Colorado Dept. of Corrections
Adult Parole, Community Corrections, And YOS
940 Broadway Denver, CO 80203
(303) 763-2436

Hope this helps you out.

Gail Mark
Sterling Real Estate Group
720-271-9762
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 26, 2013
WHY IS THAT.. HOW ABVOUT ARVADO
Flag Tue Jun 10, 2014
You have to be on parole in Jefferson county or he can't help
Flag Sat Mar 15, 2014
Only helps with people on parole in Denver and Jefferson County
Flag Mon Mar 10, 2014
thistle sage apartments,

heard glennarm apts (waiting list), 56th feds trailer park, apt on Colorado and Evans, also try apartment guyz they search for you.

sunrise property is garbage hard to get a call back n only have trasitional housing for males also the re entry packets are full of ones that don't rent to felons anymore so ask for them to update it already....
http://Fwww.sonriseproperties.info%2F&ei=PIjLVNr1OJa0yATVlIDAAg… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&…

Lance Foster
My fiance is a felon and we need a place to live.Why can't society give a felon a chance in life? I feel that they are a minority and feel that they should have a right to get housing.I already sent an email to the White House and discuss this issue to them.How can a felon find a place when places now don't take felons anymore? Please help us.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 25, 2014
I am looking for a felony friendly place for my boyfriend who is getting out of prison Sept 30,2014. I will be moving in with him in about 3 or 4 months, he has a job starting 30 days after his release.. I will be helping him pay his rent.. we are looking for a studio apartment or 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment.. you can contact me at my email : sharrington83@yahoo.com or can call my cell phone 719-821-5274.. His felony is non-violent, DUI felony assult.. we need help in finding a place to live.. that is not too expensive at least until he starts working, THANK YOU.
WITH THE LARGE AMOUNT OF FELONS IN THE COMMUNITY DAYS SOME REFUSE TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING ,, WHICH MAKE THE ONES THAT ARE SUCCESS AND WANT A NEW START,LOOK BAD. WHAT DO I HACVE TO DO TO GET A PLACE TO START OVER ... I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB...WHO WILL LOOK OUT TO ME?