For Rent in Cherry Creek>Question Details

harstad_1989, Renter in Denver, CO

Looking to rent a home.

Asked by harstad_1989, Denver, CO Wed Mar 13, 2013

I am looking to rent a home in the Cherry Creek area. 2 bed 2 bath. I would like to keep it under $1500 a month. The problem I am facing is finding a home that will allow my large dog. Can anyone help me out.

Answers

10
Well we aren't set on cherry creek we could go farther both towards Glendale. We are from Minnesota and are just looking for a good neighborhood to live in. The dog about 80 pounds. But very well trained. Never has an accident on floor. And our current landlord come and go with only the dog home frequently, so very nice. Obviously bad guard dog tho.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 14, 2013
The rental market is very steep and competitive right now. Many counties have VERY low vacancy rates so new rentals are moving fast. Rates are going up too! I suggest communicating with management companies, real estate agents are not going to be much help unless they have their own rentals. Craigslist and http://www.rentproperty.com are good places to look. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 14, 2013
Hi... Are you interested in the Cherry Creek neighborhood or Cherry Creek school district? As a Property Manager specializing in single and small multi-family properties, I think you'll have a very hard time finding a 2-BR 2-BA in Cherry Creek for $1,500 - even without a dog. Are there other areas you might be interested in exploring?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 14, 2013
Cherry Creek can be a difficult area to find vacancy in. As you might know by now, it's a very desireable area to live in. It's also one of the more pricier neighborhoods in the Denver City line area. IF you're serious about staying AS-close to the Cherry Creek Area, you might try to move a little closer to the Denver university area, just east and/OR look for homes as close to Glendale area as possible (which happens to be the city I live in, which is part of the "Cherry Creek" area, but is just a few minutes from the actual Cherry Creek Shopping mall district). While Glendale is over 95% multi-dwelling units, but the very surrounding areas in Denver County, between Monaco, Along Leetsdale, and around Alameda, or just across Colorado Blvd ( all of which runs along the border near Glendale will have some homes who's price ranges that are rented out SHOULD warrant a $1500 rent.)
However, more and more landlords these days might be picky about a large breed dog, in comparison to choosing other candidate who don't have one. Having a dog like that definitely requires a place with a yard, as that's the most fair thing to do for the animal.

What you might probably want to do is post on craigslist a *wanted* (in the title) ad, and place that in the list of the people who have places for rent, as well as alongside those looking for places to live as well. Some landlords look on craigslist to research the market before they put their listings on, and THAT might just get you first dibs on a place that someone hasn't listed yet, that might be close enough to the Cherry Creek area you're wanting to move in.

Let me know if I can help you personally more on this.
Goodluck!
Contact a real estate professional to know for sure.
I liked your note below about your dog. Your sincerity is apparent. You might email that to prospective landlords. Hope you find something, harstad.
With the current rental market tight, have you considered a purchase? Then you wouldn't have to worry about your dog, which is an important part of your life! I could put you in touch with a lender if that would be helpful.

Otherwise Craigslist.com and RentProperty.com are good sources. I have been hearing about some scams on Craiglist these day and the larger dog can be a problem, you might have to go out of Central Denver a bit.

Hope things work out for you...I'm here to help if you need it!

Bill Pearson GRI, SRES |"Your Denver Realtor For Life"
ERA Herman Group Real Estate| 201 Columbine Street| Suite 301| Denver CO 80206
720-329-1470 |Bill@DenverRealtorForLife.com
5280 Magazine FIVE STAR Real Estate Professional – 2010, 2011, 2012
That is usually a problem, how large is the dog and is he well trained? What exactly is the pin pointed area in Cherry Creek?