For Rent in Portland>Question Details

kayafaras, Renter in Portland, OR

Looking for home rental in Cleveland HS area for June. Am not seeing much available. Will rental mkt open up more closer to summer?

Asked by kayafaras, Portland, OR Sat Mar 30, 2013

My daugher and I are relocating to Portland from out of state so daughter can take advantage of language curriculum at Cleveland HS. Have been online looking via popular rental listing sites for last 3-4 months. Am noticing there is not a lot available, especially for rental homes in that area. Would working with a property manager broaden the horizen?

Answers

1
That might help but we are at about a 3% vacancy rate city wide and it can be tighter depending where you are looking. I heard of some real estate management companies charging a retainer fee to find you a place because they come and go quick. I am not much help but it is hard I know when I try and show out of town clients places since they want to rent for a year and watch the prices go up 15%. I hope you are not trying to rent with a pet since that almost eliminates all places. Good luck to you. Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX Equity Group