For Rent in Bensonhurst>Question Details

Csuramonika, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

Is this broker free?

Asked by Csuramonika, Brooklyn, NY Sun Sep 9, 2012

Answers

5
Hello Csuramonika,
I guess if you're asking about an apartment on Trulia, most of them are posted by brokers and agents.
Some are by landlords, and Management company's. Management company's and landlords normally don't charge Brokers Fee.
Brokers and agents normally do.
I hope that i answered your question, or i was any help. and if you have any other concerns. Please feel free to give me a call
and i'll be glad to answer any question.
Regards Michael A.
1st premier realty
718-745-5792
313-590-1533
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Dear Csuramonika:

Which broker are you referring to?

Brokers and/or agents have to disclose to everyone they work with, who exactly they work for up front. If I work for the landlord/seller and the landlord/seller is paying my fee, I have to disclose that to the tenant/buyer up front. Same would be true if I was working for the tenant/buyer who is also paying my fee.

If I am working with a tenant/buyer and getting paid by the landlord/seller, I would disclose this to the tenant/buyer right away and vice versa. If I am working with a tenant/buyer and I want them to pay my fee, I must disclose this up front as well.

If the broker/agent expresses that they want you to pay a fee, you can either pay, negotiate it or try to find another agent who will not want a fee from you. In that case they would have to get it from the landlord/seller which may hurt your cause regardless.

Typically here in Brooklyn, tenants pay the broker/agent fees on rentals and sellers pay the broker/agent fees on sales.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hello Csuramonika,
Why don't you contact him and find out as we can't see which Broker you are referring to.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I seriously doubt that the Broker is FREE!
He might be reasonable,
He might be available,
But probably not FREE.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hahahahaha!!!
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012
Your question is incomplete. We don't see what you are referring to.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012