For Rent in Lincoln Park>Question Details

Toni Kougkas, Renter in Chicago, IL

Is there an option for a three month lease?

Asked by Toni Kougkas, Chicago, IL Sun Mar 17, 2013

I am an international graduate student starting classes April 1st at DePaul University. I want to rent a studio for three months at the beginning in order to explore the city and then rent a house with normal contracts. Is this possible? Are there any cheap studio apartments for students? I am returning back home at the end my spring semester and start again at the end of August. If it has some furnitures, it would be great.

Help the community by answering this question:


For a short term rental I usually tell people to check out the Apartment People. Google them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 1, 2015
There are a couple hotel/apt buildings downtown that will do short-term leases.

The rent will be higher and they are pretty small but it sounds like you just need a "crash pad" anyway.

Just let me know if you need help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 9, 2013
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
Looking into subleases may save you some money compared to arranging a short term rental. There may be people that signed a full year lease but don't need it for that time. Especially with students who may be studying abroad.

Good Luck

Paul Cionczyk| Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage |Broker
312-433-9931 | |
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
I work directly with the Belden Stratford and could help you; a 3-month furnished lease, however, is going to set you back quite a bit. Your best bet is to look for a sublet on Craig's List and find some cheap furniture that you can use when you move to a more permanent home. Short-term rentals are notoriously expensive, unfortunately. Let me know if you still need assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 26, 2013
Toni - Ivan's suggestion is very good. The former Belden Stratford Hotel would be an excellent choice. Congratulations on your acceptance as a graduate student at DePaul University.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013

Talk to the people at the former Belden Stratford Hotel. It is now a rental building and they have furnished studios. The address is 2300 N Lincoln Park West.

Best regards,

Ivan Sagel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013

Your best bet is to work Craigslist to find a potential sublease.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird&Warner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer