For Rent in Los Angeles>Question Details

Jchavis388, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

Is it realistic to try and find a rental home in the venice area for about $1800/Mo.?

Asked by Jchavis388, Los Angeles, CA Tue Apr 3, 2012

im looking to rent a house in the venice or santa monica area of LA, Ive only got about an $1800/Mo. Budget, ive looked into apartments and that might have to do, but i was just wondering how realistic it might be to find a house for rent in one of those areas.

Answers

5
Dear Jchavis,
It's doubtful you can find a house for that price. You might find a bachelors/studio small condo.
Depends on what you are looking for. A house would be tough, a condo or townhouse would be possible. These are not going to be luxury by any means, but you will be buying the area.
Hi Jchavis38;
There are several types of rentals available in Venice. If you want a single family house, it will be on the small side, in the sketchiest part of Venice, for that amount. You could get something known as a beach cottage, where there are 3 or four on a lot, very very small, in that price range. Additionally, duplexes and triplexes will occasionally have a small unit available.
There is nothing currently available through the MLS at that price. The least expensive unit is in a triplex (three unit) building, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, for $2300 per month. It's an upstairs lease 2 blocks from Abbot Kinney, with hardwood floors, and washer/dryer inside unit.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
Hi Jchavis388:

It would be challenging to find a house for $1800 in Venice. Most houses rent for over $3000 per month.

You may find a single apartment for that amount. If your searching on craigslist.com, be-aware of scams that want money up front or ads stating that the owner is out of town.

Good luck to you.

Kat
Hey Jchavis388,

Not impossible. If your looking for a 1 bedroom in Venice there are many options. If I can help,
let me know.

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900