For Rent in Austin>Question Details

Rosie Cano, Renter in Austin, TX

Is it possible to find a Rental Home for the price range of $500-950 in Central/North Austin?

Asked by Rosie Cano, Austin, TX Fri Jul 27, 2012

My husband and I need to find a 3bedroom house or duplex with a yard. We have a 1yr Old toddler that needs more space now; we are currently living in a 2bedroom/ 1 bath apartment and pay $825/mo in the 290W & IH-35 district, Our lease is up Oct.31st so we need to find something soon.... But I am unsure that we will be able to even find something on our price range. Tell me there maybe hope???

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Austin

Answers

5
Mark Garner’s answer
I believe there is going to be the right place available for your family October 3rd. It is a good idea to start with a Realtor now to review availability in your budget. Please call me at my office 512-454-7374 Ext 10 and we can set an appt. to sit down and review choices or even visit them.
Thank you.
Mark Garner
Ronald is right, landlords do not want to wait more than 2-3 weeks for you to start paying rent.

There is hope, at the 900 -1000 dollar range. There are a lot of rental scams in Austin, with the market being so tight, and they especially target the $900 dollar rental range because people looking in that range are desperate.

Please use an agent for your protection. The property management companies and landlords pay to have us find tenants for them, and we still are legally working for you when you have signed a representation agreement with your agent.
I PERFORMED A SEARCH FOR SOMEONE THIS MORNING IN THE 78723, 78724 AND 78752 ZIP CODES IN AUSTIN AND FOUND 9 PROPERTIES RANGING FROM $575-$895. SOME WERE DUPLEXES, FOURPLEXES AND ONE TOWNHOUSE. MOST WERE 2/1 AND WERE OLDER PROPERTIES. THE TOWNHOUSE WAS A 2/2 AND WAS OFFERED AT $895.
A "House" No. Apartment, possibly. However, you'll be upwards of $800-$1000 just for an apartment.
Hi Rosie. At present, there are nine houses or duplexes listed with an Austin address with prices ranging from $775/month to $1,000/month. All have three bedrooms minimum. If you have pets, the list might be shorter.

It's a little too early to try to lease a home for the end of October (unless it happens to be out there early with a late October/early November availability date. Save my contact information and reach me late in August to begin the process.

Ron Cullinan
512-799-3239
Avalar Austin
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com