For Rent in 20720>Question Details

Tameka Bullo…, Home Buyer in Silver Spring, MD

Is it better to rent or buy a home right now? Especially if your credit needs improvement.

Asked by Tameka Bullock, Silver Spring, MD Wed Jan 9, 2013

1 vote Share Flag For Rent in 20720

Answers

8
Dear Tameka,

We have Lenders who specialize in Credit Repair, rather than wait and not know exactly what needs to be repaired and what doesn't you should call me and I will recommend someone for you

I can be reached at 202-421-5789

Thank you
Dawn
jenkinsdawn05@gmail.com
Just wanted to touch on Ms .Jenkins great points regarding credit restoration. Most banks have a secured credit card for individuals that need to rebuild their credit profile. Consult with your banks support staff.
Dear Tameka,
I am a REALTOR that started in mortgage first and have first hand knowledge for your answer. It is so much better to purchase right now since home prices and rates are more affordable. Rents are higher than a mortgages these days. You should certainly attempt to get prequalified for a mortgage before you decide to rent as your only option. I work with a fantastic loan officer who can assist you in not only your preapproval, but also help boost your scores with some suggested strategies to payoff or down certain creditors. You can view Tammi Lewis's info on my site http://www.findhousesdcmetro.com/mortgage-contacts.asp

Ariana Loucas, RE/MAX
The cost of homeownership is less or about the same as renting and this does not include the "TAX" benfits of owning a home. with the morgage intestest deduction (MID). Rents have been rising for the last 3 years and show no signs of leveling off.

You owe to yourself to explore the option of becoming a home owner as ther eare numerous programs available for first time home buyers. You should consult a Mortgage lender for an analysis
of your present financial ability to buy......you just might be glad you did.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Honestly speaking I think that is a question that you should be able to answer. I've learned especially last year that some people just are not ready to buy. Just because you are a renter doesn't necessarily mean that you are ready to become a homeowner. But why would people want to continue to invest their hard earned money towards making their landlord wealthy when you can use the same money to make yourself wealthy? That is something to really think about. Good luck to you Tameka.
Hello Tameka

Interest rates are still low , It would depend on your own personal needs. I would be happy to assist you in the rental or homeownership process.You may also want to speak with a lender to guide you in the necessary steps to purchase if that is the route you so choose.

Carole Webb
Fairfax Realty
301 237 0445
http://www.carolwebb.com
It is a great time to buy right now because the interest rates are so low. However depending on your credit, it may not be possible to do so. The best plan would be to speak with a local lender and see if you are able to qualify for a purchase so you know your options. If you are not in a position to buy now, hopefully you can get an idea as to when you will be so you can sign a lease to rent accordingly.
Hi Tameka

It depends on how comfortable you feel with either purchasing or rent. if you have a credit score of 640 you would be eligible for FHA loan.

if you would like to discuss it further give me a call or visit the site.