For Rent in Santa Monica>Question Details

kvein murphy, Renter in Virginia Beach, VA

Is Westside rentals really a good source for finding rentals in Santa Monica?

Asked by kvein murphy, Virginia Beach, VA Tue Mar 5, 2013

Answers

11
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377’s answer
If you looking for a residential small 2-3 bedroom apartment - it can be a good source.

If you looking for a bigger property or a commercial property - I think it's best to your professional and licensed realtor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 6, 2013
I noticed they have lots of rentals listed. I'm looking for a 2 bedroom, so this works.
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
Yes I think they are a good source. Depending on your price range and your needs a real estate agent would be a great resource. Most property management companies use Westside Rentals but some don't. Try going directly to a property management company for their rental list. Again, it all depends on what your needs are and how much you want to spend.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
Thanks Tracey! I appreciate your advice as it is most helpful!
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013

Westside rentals will give you some of the properties available for lease. You should consider working with a real estate agent. The person offering the property for rent pays for the agent's fee so its free to use an agent.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I would be happy to provide you with a list of available rentals that fit your criteria.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
http://www.yelp.com/biz/westside-rentals-santa-monica-2

MUST READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SIGNING UP

Several Friends of mine used to work at Westsiderentals.
They didn't like working there because it was an unethical place to work, however the bonus incentives were irresistible.

For example:

Westsiderentals payed their employees 25 dollar bonuses to get their friends and/or clients to write them good reviews on yelp. The employee received 25 dollars and their friend or client would receive a 25 dollar Amazon Gift Card for writing the review. The only way to qualify for the "yelp bonus" is if the review included the employee's name in it, so they knew who to pay the bonus to.

For instance, if you see a review that says "i went in...........and so and so was so helpful.........." then so and so would get the bonus and the person who wrote the review would get a "bonus" also. The majority of the time, the person who wrote the review is a friend of the person they wrote the review about.

This is just one of many unethical things westsiderentals does.

ALSO, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR LISTINGS CAN BE FOUND ON FREE WEBSITES.

no need to spend the 60 dollars on a membership. treat yourself to something nice with the money you saved by avoiding a scam :)
With Rentals it can be difficult. Not all potential property is listed in any one place. Some property managers simply put signs out on the front grass when there is a vacancy. Some do advertise on Westside Rentals, while others use a Realtor to market their rentals. Homes for lease are usually listed by Realtors.
Absolutely! if you are not looking for super high end. Let me know if you have any questions.

Elizabeth Sorgen
310-469-0500
Absolutely. http://www.westsiderentals.com is good for low end rentals.
For more sophisticated properties, you should work with an agent.

Best….

Jodi Summers
The SoCal Investment Real Estate Group
Sotheby’s International Realty
310.392.1211
jodi@jodisummers.com
http://www.SantaMonicaPropertyBlog.com
License # - 01343854
**
I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.
People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.- Maya Angelou
good afternoon tandreia,

the short answer is yes. they have the majority of what's available because it costs nothing to advertise properties on their site. anyone can list their property on that site for free, including Realtor's. in addition to that you should consult and work with a local Realtor who's familiar and knowledgeable about the neighborhoods and perhaps some off market (or pocket) listings that may be coming on the market soon thereby not having to compete. if its a high-end property then a Realtor should definitely be your first choice. call me if you have any questions.

have a great afternoon,

robbie sikora
310.710.5214
Gibson International
Is good, but is not as good as an agent in this forum that can help you with it. We do not provide these services, but some of the agents here are very, very good!

Ron
Westside rentals is not going to give you quality. If you have specific needs or requests for your next rental you need someone who will have knowlege of the area and will assist you in narrowing down your best suited options and negotiate the best rental price for you based on rentals in the area. Westside rentals will not negotiate for you, they wont protect you and they wont do the leg work for you either :) I have had many clients exhausted by Westside rentals. Call me if you need help.
It is a good source that you pay for. There's no cost to you to use a Realtor..however, we access only leases in the MLS.
Susan@SusanBour.com