For Rent in Fort Worth>Question Details

Pattit929, Home Buyer in Katonah, NY

Is Forth Worth safe? What's the job market like? We're thinking about a possible move from NY ~

Asked by Pattit929, Katonah, NY Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

6
heather.m.dills’ answer
I agree the job market and housing market are good if you have the skills and the means....However I STRONGLY recommend that you visit in the middle of August before committing as the heat is a KILLER (literally). Welcome if you do move, but also be aware of the weather and cultural aspects!
Just like any city there is crime. There are probably people who have never seen trouble and others who see it every day.

Job market is great if you have the right skills......probably same as everywhere if you don't have skills.

Tons of people moving to Fort Worth and surrounds. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Thank you all, as soon as we know what we're doing, we'll be in touch. Our kids are finishing up college & we'll know in a few weeks if we'll make a move. Have a great day & again, thank you for your help.
Dear NY resident,

You may be moving from a small town and are worried about the big city. Fort Worth is made up of many smaller suburbs, and almost no one lives down town. Some of our middle-class neighborhoods are some of the safest areas in the country. And we have some of the best schools!

This is not Dallas. Do not be disturbed by the evening news on TV. We don't have the problems in the suburbs that they do in some Dallas areas. There are many people who work in Dallas, and that includes 1/3 of the homeowners in the major mid-cities suburbs.

The job market is good in North Texas, and that is why so many people are moving here. The price of houses is very good compared to other major metropolitan areas, but it costs more to rent a house here than to buy one. You can rent a decent 3-2-2 for $1,000 a month here, but you could own it for only $800 a month.

When you get ready to move, sell or give away your winter coats, gloves, and ear muffs. You won't need them down here! And don't move in the middle of the summer; it's too darn hot for any outdoor exertion, such as unloading a moving truck. Travel light, and replace what you need when you get here.

For more detailed answers to your questions, feel free to contact me. I would love to help you find a house when you arrive, and I can start looking now if you will get in touch with me prior to your moving date. Buy a Fort Worth Star-Telegram, not the Dallas Morning News. Although both papers may have employment information. I've lived here, and sold houses here for over 32 years, so I can give you some good tips on where things are in the metroplex.

Start throwing stuff out and packing the essentials. You will be glad you moved to Texas! And Y'all drive safely, Ya hear?!

Rick DeVoss

---ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

rickdevoss@realtor.com

==================
Welcome to the Dallas Fort Worth area . Happy to offer my real estate service where you can call our area your next home .

Direct link of over 70 cities listed DFW homes for sale DFW Tx.
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5130…

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Compared to other cities in TX FW is relatively safe, of course some areas ate safer than others. Job market fairly healthy... What type of work. Contact me and we can discuss.