Staten Island, Other/Just Looking in Staten Island, NY

If one tells the landlord that they will pay several months upfront, will that help them get the apartment?

Asked by Staten Island, Staten Island, NY Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

5
I found that in my experience when a Tenant wants to pay several months rent up front that is all they are going to pay. Some career Tenants as I call them, do this to entice the landlord and have them accept them quickly. After the advance rent is used they hang around with out paying anymore.

What should get them the apartment is the credit score length of time of employment, not the current landlords recommendation but the landlord prior to the current landlord. It has been my experience some landlords will give a good recommendation to Tenants just to move them on to someone else.

.
It will help if you pay entire term upfront.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
As long as the credit report and the background check, followed with a landlord tenant court screening,is good I do not think paying rent up front for several months would make a difference.
I had a client who paid 1 year up front, however, I screened him well. Honestly, many times when they offered to do that is a RED FLAG, for the landlord. Either, they were evicted and can't find an apartment, they are not working at the moment,, or any particular reason. However, there's always exception to the rules...my client came to be a very good tenant and professional person who had just moved to NY because of professional reasons. good day :)
That's a plus but sounds too good to be true. The real thing that will get them the apartment would be a good credit report, proof of sufficient & dependable income (w-2, pay stubs, etc.) and previous landlord recommendations.......