For Rent in Plano>Question Details

infinniageor…, Renter in 75093

If I have really bad credit and my fiance has great credit would we get approved for renting a house?

Asked by infinniageorge91, 75093 Mon Oct 15, 2012

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Plano

Hello....I work for a legal consumer firm that helps to resolve those type of credit issues. Please give me a call to see if I may be able to help...that is if your actually looking to get the situation rectified.

Sergio Marshall
972-231-0452 ext 109
Call me or visit my site can do 580 FHA with 3.5 down.

Randy Roberts
IT depends why your credit is bad... For most people it's because of unfortunate circumstances like job loss, divorce or medical misfortune... I typically recommend planning on putting down first and last months rent as well as the security deposit that is typically equal to 1 months rent, if you don't have to, consider it a bonus :-)

Then make sure you, in detail, explain all of the negatives that will show up on your credit report. Offer to let the landlord see how neat and tidy you keep your current residence, and let them know that you will do the same with their investment.

Here's something else... most landlords don't want smokers or pets if they can help it...
Letters of recommendations from your current landlord, employer and whomever else you can get may help to... With leases flying off the market, try to make yourself shine as much as possible.

Also go ahead and have all of your "ducks in a row"

Have a copy of your driver's license, letter of recommendation, letter explaining the negatives on your credit and what you are doing differently now, last 3 pay stubs, application fee in the form of money order or cashiers check... if you have a pet, a photo of the pet as well as shot records and again, a letter explaining how fabulously trained your pet is... Of course, be honest... if you're caught in a lie... the chances of you getting the property just went down tremendously...

Hope this helps :-)

Bettina Sastoque 214-683-6746
RE/MAX Town & Country
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Most likely... homes are owned by individuals so you will want to put together a good letter of explanation on what happened to you and how you have corrected things from a credit standpoint. Depending on the market and how competitive it is you should definitely be able to find something.

Best of luck to you,

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157 |
There are varying factors for the approval process. If one of you has good credit you have a good chance. It all depends on the landlord and his/her preferences. Be prepared to apply for more than one home. Homes in the rental market are moving very quickly.
Great question and most of the time the answer is yes. It's my job as a realtor representing the tenant to negotiate and go to bat for my clients. I have been able to do this for many clients even when both have bad credit. You need great negotiation skills for that and I have it!

It would love to help you with your search to lease a home!

Please feel free to text, email or call me and I will get started helping you with your search!

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
(214) 215-4145
Mobile Site:
Hi Infinnia,

Ya it will just depends on the owner and property manager. In most cases, you will be ok with a higher deposit.

Please visit for rental properties in Plano area.

JP and Assocaite
I completely agree that it depends in the owner/property manager. For the most part what I have been seeing is they are mainly liking to see what your past rental history looks like, what your references say, and the biggest is if you can afford the rent.

I would love to help you, I specialize in Plano.
Really depends on the landlord. However, in most cases if you are willing to put down an additional deposit a deal can be arranged.
Love to help you!
Depends on the property manager. Some run very tight, inflexible rules, and some just want a tenant who might actually pay on time. It helps if you actually speak to the owner/property manager and tell them you are trying to rebuild your credit and NEED good references and rental history.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR