For Rent in Dallas>Question Details

Tammylewis26, Renter in Minneapolis, MN

If I file a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and have a judgment that was included in that bankruptcy, will I have issues with renting a home in the Texas area?

Asked by Tammylewis26, Minneapolis, MN Thu Apr 4, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Dallas

Answers

4
From what I see in your follow up replies to John, the item in question is from 2007. In my experience with landlords in the last few years, as long as you are able to provide proof of steady income of three times the amount of monthly rent, have a stable job, and no evictions or rental debt in the last 3 years or so, most will not give you any problems. If they are hesitant and you can afford it, I suggest offering to pay an additional month in advance at move in, just to show you are reliable and intend to stay put. Good luck!
I would say no. Most landlords know the reason you are renting is you might have credit issues. If you can show 3 times the rent in income, no evictions, after a credit/ criminal check etc. -you will more than likely be a good perspective tenant.
will depend past deal like your situation at the lest require a increase in deposit say double or more
Do any of the debts that you will have erased by a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, including the judgment, have anything to do with non-payment of rent or any other tenant-landlord issues?
I refuse to pay it because I felt I gave his caretaker at the time well advance notice to find someone and I couldn't stay no way because of the military.
Flag Fri Apr 5, 2013
The judgement on there is from a old landlord that was upset because I didn't give a full 30 day notice. I was three days short on it but its was because we was relocating with the military at that time so he file papers on me for that month. I moved out 07/30/2007 and he wanted to charge me for August 2007 so the judge sided with him and awarded that to him but on my credit it just states him name and the amount. All my debt but my auto loans were included in this bankruptcy.
Flag Fri Apr 5, 2013