For Rent in Cypress>Question Details

Prtrooper1, Renter in Spring, TX

I will be moving to the area in June- when should I start looking for a rental?

Asked by Prtrooper1, Spring, TX Tue Feb 18, 2014

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Cypress

Answers

6
In searching for lease homes, it's best to start looking around 3 weeks before you need to move. Reason.... good leases move quick and if you are looking to far out, the landlord is not going to be willing to hold the house and miss out on a month of income. When you find a home you like, you need to be willing to act/move quickly on the offer. If your credit history is a little shaky, you may want to take that into consideration as you might have to spend more time searching for a landlord that will be willing to overlook certain personal situations. If you and your Realtor commit to spending 1 or 2 days just hitting the homes that meet your criteria, I don't see any reason (other then credit issues) that would stop you from finding something within a couple of days. Also, be realistic with your expectations, if you are looking on the low end of the market, you are not going to find that perfect home so you need to keep an open mind and remember that you are not buying the home, hopefully you will just need it for a year before you can put your money to work for you and not your landlord.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 18, 2014
If you are moving to this area in June you can start looking for a property to lease a month before you intend to move. Depending on what your actual criteria is will also come into the equation. Feel free to contact me if you would like some assistance. (936) 588-9972 benjamin@infocusrealty.com
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014
Now is a great time to start looking at properties in areas that you want to live in. I would be happy to set up an automated property notification for you, via email, that will keep you up-to-date about rental properties that are available in those areas. You will see the types of properties and price ranges to help you make a better decision and be better prepared when you decide to make your move.

You can also use the tools on my website to find information about subdivisions and schools. Send me an email or give me a call and I will be happy to assist you.

(713) 455-9166
hspersky@gmail.com
It is too early to start looking now, from a 30 to 45 days should be enough time. What you can do now, is check your credit and identify and fix any potential issues that you may have, its best to fix them now and be ready for the appropriate time.
Now would be a good time. This way, you can get a feel for the areas that interest you most so when you are ready to move, you'll be familiar with all of your options. Plus, if there are limited vacancies, getting your name on the list would be wise.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
New Mexico Real Estate: http://www.syan.com
Web Reference: http://www.syan.com
Are you moving to Horseshoe Bay Area? If so, I'd secure something at least 2 months ahead if possible. That is the middle of season for the resort and I had a 15 person waiting list last year.
Mid-April at the earliest, but the beginning of May would be ok.