For Rent in San Marcos>Question Details

jimmyrevjim, Renter in Temecula, CA

I want to rent a home to buy, but I keep running into junk about renting, I just want some straight answers and my kids need some space,..

Asked by jimmyrevjim, Temecula, CA Sat Aug 31, 2013

Answers

5
Mack McCoy’s answer
Unless you have great credit and a ton of cash, rent-to-own isn't for you.

The up-front costs of rent-to-own are punishing enough, much more than "key money," and the premium you'll pay in rent is staggering. Then, when it comes time to actually buy the house, you're likely to find that it's not worth what you agreed to pay for it in the first place. Or even, worse, you find that there are much better houses out there for you to buy, but you're stuck in this one.

Rent now, buy later.

99% of rent to own and lease option ads you see are a scam. Stay away from them. Either buy a house or rent one. You won’t see a lot of rent to own or lease options that are valid until interest rates go up quite a bit. You are getting the run around and no straight answers because they are trying to take advantage of you. Good for you, not sending them any money.

I put a link in the web reference to all of the home that are either for sale or rent, in San Marcos, in the web reference below.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Are you aware that with a "rent with the option to buy" agreement you will be expected to put up a non-refundable deposit, along with paying rent over and above the normal rent?
All of that is forfeited if you do not, or cannot, buy the home for any reason.
You lose it all.
Only the amount of rent over and above the usual rent is applied to the purchase should you buy the home.

Most consumers really have no idea what is involved in this kind of arrangement.

If you don't qualify now for a loan..better be darn sure you will qualify at the4 end of the term.
Also, you will have an extremely limited selection o9f homes.

is that really how you want to attempt to buy a home?

My advice?
Rent for now.............buy when you can do so in the traditional manner.

Best wishes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 31, 2013
Hi, To rent, purchase, list/sell, straight lease, lease/option or lease/purchase.. We can help you!! ..just give us a call or text at 760 622 6855 or email at maureen@landangel.com with your details to discuss and get seriously started with a Realtor with over 4 decades of experience to represent you and to send you current inventory in your area and price range-if it exists in today market place- we'll find it!!
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
Hello Jimmy,

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with finding the right property to rent or buy. I'm a Realtor here in Southern CA and can help you find the right living situation. Just let me know.

Media Fettinger
Century 21 Award
MFettinger@century21award.com