For Rent in Dallas>Question Details

home seeker, Renter in Garland, TX

I've been in an apartment lease for 8 months and would like to Lease a house in the Dallas county area. My only drawback, I feel, is that

Asked by home seeker, Garland, TX Wed Oct 9, 2013

I went through a horrifying eviction from my Home of 12 years, a year ago and I'm concerned that I won't be able to qualify and lease property in the Dallas area. Can anyone please advise as to what chances/choices I have in qualifying for a house lease agreement due to my past home foreclosure experience.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Dallas

I think you will be fine. Just pick any 1 of us to help you find a home in your price range and location and then your Realtor will sell you to the Landlord. Some will work with this and others will not. But, your Realtor will work hard in finding you something.
Hi Home Seeker - If you have been able to build a positive rental history with your current and / or previous landlords and have taken steps to rebuild your credit, than you should not have a hard time with finding a new rental. Just be sure to disclose to property owners / landlords up front your foreclosure / credit history so that you can save yourself application fees if they are not willing to consider it.
There are some landlords that do second chance leasing and will accept lower credit scores - if this is the case, be prepared to pay additional deposits.

You can view our rentals at:

Best of Luck in your Home Search!
Franceanna Campagna
The most important thing that you can do is to speak to a lender to see if you are qualified. Feel free to contact me and I can refer someone to you or you can visit my website.

Chris Boyington
Owning a home that went to foreclosure and having an eviction are two different things. 12 years sounds like a significant amount to time to me. I would suggest including a letter of explanation for these events and as long as the credit and income are inline my belief would be you could find a landlord that would work with you. Good luck.