For Rent in Naperville>Question Details

Macaca, Home Owner in Naperville, IL

I move Georgia. I want to rent my townhouse, naperville near route-59 train station, illinois. Which is better -to rent through realtor or by myself

Asked by Macaca, Naperville, IL Wed May 4, 2011

Answers

6
I am a realtor in naperville/bolingbrook area, i also mangae lots of rental properties and very familiar with the rental market and the process.

Please contact me at my cell 630-664-2386 and i can answer all the questions you may have.
Steve Blackerby
Coldwell Banker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 4, 2011
My vote is for a Realtor as well. If you are no longer here, you'll want to have someone who can help you manage the property.

Cecelia Marlow
Chicago Bancorp
Mortgage Banker
312-738-6294
This is an easy one and it isn't just rhetoric - definately use a Realtor. Just like selling. People don't feel comfortable dealing with the owner directly. There is an uncertainty in the tenant and landlord. You want to have the right information and experience to ensure your interests are protected. Plus, Realtors have resources and know the right questions to ask and credit and background check, etc. Plus, you can get in the MLS. The long and short is if you want to rent to the right person and protect your property and get a good tenant fast - use a professional.
Try Craigs List first. If you cant get it rented you will need better marketing. Call me I am a local Realtor 630 717 SAVE (7283) Bob.
Hi. It depends on the price range. If the townhome is over $1500/month a Realtor has 100 times the exposure on the internet and MLS for advertising and can save you time and money in the long run. They also know how to run credit reports etc and willl help get you the type of tenant you are looking for. With that being said Craigs list is great way to rent but you have to have the experience and know how to run credit checks and background checks etc. If you have any questions please email me as I have years of experience in both renting and selling.
While I admit my bias, I think it is definitely better to use a Realtor. You will be able to see what your competition is charging, and you will have the benefit of receiving advice during the transaction. Furthermore, if you need to lease it again a year from now, you will already have a Realtor you know that you can work with again.