For Rent in 92503>Question Details

juan hernand…, Renter in Riverside, CA

I'm talk to a owner to a property that was for rent on Trulia how do i find out if he really is the owner to the property

Asked by juan hernandez, Riverside, CA Sun Apr 14, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 92503

Answers

7
Christine Kankowski’s answer
I can look it up for you if you like, or you can go to the county assessors office and look it up yourself.
There are some scams on trulia and craigs list, you are smart checking it out up front!
If you send me the address, I can also pull up if it has a notice of default on it, etc.
Good luck to you!
im from miami fl
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
hi i just saw you comment i have the same situation here can you please help me out.can you send me a message to my email address at irisneyarias@hotmail.com
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
The best course of action is to work with a property manager/real estate professional. There are many scams involving direct owners losing their rentals. A property manager will make sure the home being rented is not a distressed property.
Check the tax card in the town it is in, they may have it online otherwise you have to go to town/city hall and ask to see the tax card. if you meet them in person ask for id, never rent a home site unseen, never wire or mail money.
Also if he is not the owner and is claiming to be the managing agent for the owner. Request to see the signed contract between him and the owner which he should have. And then once he provides this verify with the owner of record. The information from the county recorder will have an address for the owner because they have to send the tax bill for the property to the owner. I know it may seem like a lot but...it's better to be safe than sorry! I hope this helps, and good luck.
Juan all you will need to is go to the Riverside county recorder office and use the public computers they have there and put in the address and it will show you who's the owner of record. And if this person is not the owner or authorized managing agent for the the owner...Report him to the police and let them know what he's he is up to!
I'm getting ready to rent the property. the only ? in my mine is he the owner i have been talking on the phone with him. and to his personnel assistant. we have only communicated by phone and internet
Flag Sun Apr 14, 2013
You will have to do some investigating. Public records will disclose the property owner to you. Verifying who you spoke with and validating that he/she is the owner will take some investigating on your part.
Go meet him and ask him to show you the property. If they can't or won't - RUN AWAY.