For Rent in 20109>Question Details

Kathy Holmgr…, Renter in Manassas, VA

I'm need to find a rental in manassas, my credit is poor, and I can't get a loan to pay off my debts! How do I find a place to live!?

Asked by Kathy Holmgren, Manassas, VA Tue Mar 26, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 20109

Answers

4
I disagree that an apartment complex is your best bet. They will have strict guidelines too follow and if your score is too low, you will be turned down. Individuals have more flexibility. If they like you and believe you will pay they will rent to you regardless of your credit score.

Perhaps look into county assistance if the circumstances are too bad.
I agree with both agents below have said. It might be in your best interest to go to an apartment complex for a year to build a rapport. That way later if you decide to go rent from an owner you won't be too much out of pocket.
Check out the apartments, they might work with you and rentals by owner with a double security deposit in some cases!!
I would call whichever place you are interested in, let them know your situation, and then be open to paying a double security deposit.