For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

juliejurgens, Renter in Chicago, IL

I'm looking for an apartment anywhere along the Union Pacific NW train line--Portage Park and Jefferson Park are particularly appealing.

Asked by juliejurgens, Chicago, IL Sun Jan 6, 2013

I have two cats, okay credit, and make 52k a year. I'd prefer a smaller building, laundry in the building, a good kitchen, and a landlord who is a person, not a company. I've never worked with an agent before and I'm wondering if that's the way to go. My move-date is the end of March.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Answers

8
Randall Lancaster’s answer
Julie,

Please take advantage of my free website, http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com, for rentals in your area. My website gives you up to the minute information that is available in your area. Working with an agent is more important than ever. Remember our services are free to you and in many cases we can save you money in the long run, by knowing what questions to ask you and your prospective landlord, and many agents have negotiating skills to get you the best deal. Whoever you make a decision on, remember we have been trained to assist you in all aspects of a real estate transaction, whether purchasing or renting.
Julie hi
I live in Portage Park and I have noticed a few apartments for rent. Please feel free to email me
Robynsquire@yahoo.com
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you my list of available units
I can help you find the perfect place! I just need your email and I will send you condo listings straight from the MLS. These will all be private owners renting out their condos. The best time to start looking is 30-45 days out from your move date, so you still have some time.

Sarah
sarahz@jamesonsir.com

Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
Its free to use a leasing agents services, so team up with one! I would interview two or three, and go with the one you mesh best with!
Julie,

Not only are my services free to you, but I'm very familiar with these areas as I lived in Portage Park for many years.

Take a look at my reviews and contact me at anytime for additional information.

Jose Hernandez
Coldwell Banker
312-788-7079
ChicagoAgent312@gmail.com
Working with an agent gives you the benefit of expertise, and the cost for our service is generally paid by the owner of the property. Depending on your space requirements there are certainly rentals in Jefferson park you can afford, and probably purchase for less than renting if you chose to go that route eventually.

ben@newmanrealtyillinois.com
Dear Julie,

Working with an agent can save you time. You are looking a little early, however, it is not too soon to let a Broker or seasoned leasing agent know what you criteria is so that as listing come on line s/he can let you know.

Additionally to information you have already provided the additional information needed are price range, number of bedrooms, laundry requirements, and parking.

Best of Luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago