For Rent in Fitchburg>Question Details

rivera.m.62, Renter in Fitchburg, MA

I'm looking for a House for Rent that has 3 bedrooms and is willing to take Section 8!

Asked by rivera.m.62, Fitchburg, MA Fri Oct 19, 2012

I am a good tenant! I work in the community and love to work hard! I also mentor gardens and volunteer in different Organization! I'm a caring person and hope that I can find a landlord that cares about his building or house! I'm willing to help out in maintenance I am a handy person and I know how to paint, Spackle, and many other things that go with owning a home!

Answers

1
I would use a local rental professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.
Also, I wouldn't mention how you plan to pay the rent until you apply for an apt.
It is not supposed to matter how the rent is paid.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Heath - you are right. It's not supposed to matter.
I am a real estate agent, and have run into this too many times. A potential tenant tells me they submitted an application and were rejected. The landlord took their application but doesn't accept Sec8 tenants. They find a reason to reject. The landlords I represent are happy to handle the paperwork, and it's the opposite experience for me. Sec 8 screens their participants so the tenants are better than random.
Using a pro is a great idea as long as the pro is familiar with rentals. Many agents are focusing only on sales.
Flag Sat Oct 18, 2014