For Rent in New York>Question Details

Gerry Batoca…, Home Buyer in Bradenton, FL

I'm a veteran attending college using veteran benefits. Benefits include housing allowance of $3,200/mo in NYC. I have bad credit, where can I rent?

Asked by Gerry Batocabe, Bradenton, FL Sun Sep 8, 2013

Answers

4
Hello....I work for a legal consumer firm that helps to resolve those type of credit issues. Please give me a call to see if I may be able to help...that is if your actually looking to get the situation rectified.

Sergio Marshall
972-231-0452 ext 109 http://www.whitejacobs.com/sergio-marshall
Hi Gerry,

We thank you for your service. There are a relative number of places were you can rent, I specialize in NYC rentals and location is very paramount to cost and the options available to you. Without additional information it is difficult to give you specific options as there is a wide variance in requirements and cost across the boroughs in NYC. For example; renting a Studio could range from $850 to $1,500 outside Manhattan while Manhattan could range from $1,800 to $4000+. While Manhattan apartments require you to make 40X [times] your monthly rent, the other boroughs mostly do not. It sounds like you do not have a guarantor or co-signer, so I did not address that option, but it is there if you need it.

If you care to be more specific, I can provide more options. I have landlords that makes deals work if you are proactive. We love our vets here in NYC!
Regards

Robert
Gerry- Thank you for your protection and dedication to our county. A Guarantor would help you immensely and is your best bet. Some management companies or landlords make ask for pre-paid rent, additional security or both. You need to make 40x the monthly rent and your guarantor 80x the monthly rent. Also, check insurent.com. It's a company that acts as a guarantor for a fee. I know a few management companies and landlords that will work with you. Please give me a call.

Candis S. Ransom
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Keller Williams-NYC
425 Park Avenue, 6 Floor
New York, NY 10022
M: 214-405-2020
cransom@kwnyc.com
Thank you for your service to our country. Please contact me for housing assistance. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you and good luck.