For Rent in Lithonia>Question Details

Michae Allen, Home Buyer in 30058

I have two rentall properties that have been vacant for a few months now i have listed my properties on the

Asked by Michae Allen, 30058 Mon Feb 16, 2009

section 8 website but still no luck. Help please!!!

Answers

6
Like selling, price it according to the market and they will rent
Part of the problem is that home owners are asking too much for their properties. I have been viewing properties with an intention to rent, but when I see what they are asking $950 .00 and $1050 and $1200 for; its atrocious. One man showed me a bug infested house in Lithonia that has old appliances and torn carpeting and expects me to take my hard earned $950 to pay him for a house I would have to fix before I could truly be comfortable. Perhaps if you revisited the issue of price you may find more takers.
I am finding that it's taking a while to get renters even in this market. That's because we are flooded with rentals since there are a slew of sellers who can't sell so they are renting. Then there are all the foreclosures that have been purchased and then entered into the rental market. I sold 30 plus REO properties that were then turned into rentals from Nov. - Jan. alone. The best person to help you would be a qualified agent who has the ability to network and provide you with maximum exposure. Most investors don't want to pay for services, but if you do the math on the money you've already lost by having a vacant property, the services of an agent and/or property management specialist would have paid for themselves. The great thing I love about my company is that we have a corporate property management company that I can refer you to... I make a whopping $200 - the point is that you get highly qualified and professional service dedicated to managing your property. Give me a call if this interests you....

David Brower
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
Web Reference: http://www.davidwbrower.com
Hi Michae-

Besides Craigs list you should also try Backpage. This is a free site that is similar to craigslist.

I provided the link below. I hope this helps!

http://www.backpage.com
What do you need help with, renting or selling them? I would expect if you run an ad in the AJC and Craig's List that you'll be fine.

Hank
Michael,

Check out the link below from the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. I have no experience with it but it's free and may get you a little more exposure.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / Consultant - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners