For Rent in San Diego>Question Details

sdchick92105, Renter in San Diego, CA

I have 1 evitcition on my record from 5 years ago I need to rent a place help

Asked by sdchick92105, San Diego, CA Fri Sep 6, 2013

Answers

3
An eviction is a problem so you need a candid but understandable explaination. Write down the details and include with the application. If this is not going to fly you'll know right away but you'll get a reaction along with some questions. Maybe you can provide some offsetting positives: a letter of recommendation from employer, past landlord/manager or roommate that helps reduce the effect of the eviction. Point out to the owner/manager that you are likely to stay put longer because your past mistakes lessen your mobility AND you need a good reference from them to get over the stigma of your eviction. Make a case that your past problems could actually make you a better renter going forward.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 6, 2013
sdchick92105,
This is a tough one... But there are owners out there that may rent to you. A few things that an owner may consider in lieu of your previous eviction:

1. Larger deposit
2. Pre-pay several months in advance.
3. Have someone co-sign on the lease for you.

These may help your chances but may not guarantee you a home, so I would apply to as many rentals as you can, be honest with the owner and see how it comes out.
You will find a home, you just have to be diligent!

Best of Luck and let me know if you have questions.
Ryan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 6, 2013
sdchick92105,
I suggest you try to find private owners renting their homes and before you pay any fee's have a face to face conversation with the owner to let them know your situation.
Flag Sat Sep 7, 2013
thanks for your advise and gave me a little hope sometimes honesty is better left unsaid you say to apply to as many rentals as possible but I do not have that kind of money to pay the application process fees
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Yes i have a yard to rent out to anyone that cares... so you can contact me on this email address lifeagain0001@gmail.com and my phone number is 619-335-8922

Diana