For Rent in 90230>Question Details

Joyce, Home Buyer in Northwest Torrance,...

I have a two bedroom condo that needs to be leased/rented out. How can I get it advertised online for potential renters to s?

Asked by Joyce, Northwest Torrance, Torrance, CA Wed Jun 1, 2011

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90230

Answers

16
Sean A. Haghi’s answer
There are many online options available such as craigslist.org, etc.. A great place to start however, is with a licensed agent/broker as they will be able to handle the marketing details, as well as any negotiations and processing for your prospective tenants.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2013
There are many options:
- Craigslist
- Backpage
- Adszoom
- Classified Ads
- Westside Rentals
- Listing property with an Realtor.

Listing yourself. Request credit report and verification of employment. Your security deposit can be no more than 2 months. Generally owners will asking for 1 month equal to one month rent (security deposit) and the 1st months lease amounts. Hope this helps.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
310.853.9933
Hello Joyce, I would recommend to list it with a real estate broker as they can help market your property online and in print. I handle rentals, feel free to call me anytime. Also, a real estate agent/broker will assist you with all the contracts, addendum's, and making sure the tenant is qualified.

Have a wonderful day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
http://www.HeatherPaulOnline.com
310-586-0364
Craigslist or westside rentals gets a ton of traffic. But if you don't want your phone ringing all day I can handle it for you.
The quickest and easist thing would be to place it on Craigslist for rent. While I'm not a huge fan of Craigslist in general for renting property I have found it to be highly effective.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 15, 2011
You will need a professional or get the education, because of the changing laws with credit financing and occupancy rules. A potential renter may want to buy your condo at the end of the lease. Condo associations must stay up to date with the rules and regulation's or FHA will not allow credit financing in the subdivision. You may signed documentation that will not allow you to rent the condo and now put yourself at legal risk with your new tenant moving in. 1st make sure you understand all the condo by laws, maintenance agreements, occupancy rules before you start doing any advertising or procuring a tenant to lease/rent the condo. Do some reading on credit reports, credit laws and know how to help a potential tenant increase a credit score or credit report to qualify. Make sure you understand your RIGHT's pertaining to the Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1971, this allows you to legally CHALLENGE the credit bureau's and maybe increase your Credit Score see my web site for video. Some credit repair companies offer a money back credit repair fast . com, this will insure you that the company will do there best to improve and increase your credit score !!
How is your rental occupancy?

Find a local property manager via Trulia's Find a Pro... check out their listings and see if they are a VIP (greater exposure).

Mark Fleysher

http://www.jackconleyrealty.com
I would recomend hire an agent to assist you. She/He will market and advertise your property on the MLS system and internet,also will run the prospective tenants credit report, handle all the paperwork and help you with the process.
Hi Joyce

I'm curious to know how you ended up advertising your lease and how that went for you. I know that it can a lot of work and paperwork to do it yourself but I hope you enjoyed the process and that it was hassle free.

Have a great day
Mimi Davies
Craigslist and Westside Rentals are good choices, are you handling renting your property out yourself? I would highly recommend using an agent to assist you. They will market and advertise your property all over the internet as well as in the mls. Plus they can run the prospective tenants credit reports, handle all the paperwork and assist you through the process to find the right tenant for your property.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
Hi Joyce,

If you are handling it yourself than you should post a free listing with photos on Westside Rentals and Craig's List, at the very least. Make sure the pictures are bright and include a few shots of each room, kitchen, building front and parking space if applicable. I attached a link to my property photo website so you can get an idea of what a prospective tenant wants to see. I lease condos and manage 30 apartment buildings, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Jessica M. Acker
Wellman Realty Company
Wellman Property Management, Inc.
1415 Stanford St., Suite #4| Santa Monica, CA 90404
Direct: (310) 828 - 3132 Fax: (310) 829 – 2079
Email: Jessica@wellmanproperties.com
DRE #01894323
Dear Joyce,
When you list with a brokerage, they will take care of all the advertising and marketing for you. They will also screen potential tenants and negotiate with the agents involved. Most brokers also work with leases,as well as sales.
Joyce,
You would be wise to find a property management company.
Have them take care of the whole deal.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomesrealestate.com
http://www.socalhomesrealestate.com
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
I you have never done it before and intend to be a landlord for the first time, I would recommend you to join AAGLA, they will provide you with forms and things that you have to do. As a member you will be able to have some access to legal advise also. For the advertisement, start with Westside rentals. Be sure you take GREAT pictures and put a great description of your place. Things that are important for you as resident, probably is important to the renter. Price it correctly. If you don't know what price is correct, Westside has a way to compare your listing with the listings around you. Click on that and you will see if your pricing is within your competition. Step back and switch places, if you were the renter walking into your place, would you pay what you are asking? Be objective. I like Craigslist, but the other comment is right, you will need to be able to differentiate the scammers. If you are not comfortable do not do it. You can also try Zillow. I do not know if they charge, probably not. Check it out. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.yumihomes.com
Joyce, be careful advertising on craigslist. There are some scammers out there that will duplicate your listing. It helps if you do not include the address. You can also list it with Westside Rentals. Of course, if you list it with a Realtor you don't have to worry with advertising, showing, qualifying the applicants and preparing the contract.
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com
You can always hire an agent to advertise it on the Multiple Listing Service. This allowes agents that have clients looking for a lease to be able to see your property. If you do not want to pay an agent to advertise for you then you can always place an add in Craigslist.