For Rent in 48237>Question Details

Linda Willia…, Home Buyer in Oak Park, MI

I have a question if a property for rent is cash only is that on the up and up. I am trying to assist my daughter providing her the right information

Asked by Linda Williams, Oak Park, MI Thu Mar 14, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 48237

Answers

9
Ronald Weaver’s answer
Trust your instinct. There is no logical reason to accept cash only. Don't waste anymore time with that situation. Many landlords and management companies will not accept cash for rental payments. Find a good agent as someone already suggested or use a management company.
There is nothing wrong with a landlord requesting that they receive all their payments in cash that is their preference but I would be sure that the person I am giving the money to is entitled to collect rent. She should go to a third party source like a realtor or publlic tax records to verify ownership before giving out any money cash or otherwise.
Cash only landlord is probably trying to scam the IRS
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
Nothing is wrong with paying rent in cash, just make sure you get a reciept. Use a realtor to make sure the landlord is the owner, Call me to help you find a rental. 313-575-2336
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 23, 2013
I would recommend extreme caution. Cash only rent requirement sounds pretty sketchy -
I agree with everybody on the thread Linda, BE CAREFUL! If your landlord demands cash rent, demand from him a signed reciept saying that you paid him!

In a court, he try to evict you for lack of payment, and you would not have any way to prove you did pay him. Demand reciepts ASAP, make sure you save any written communications with him, and demand all further communication be in writing. Don't be a victim!

Best of luck, feel free to txt should you need more advice:
(734) 765-0626
In this market place you need to be skeptacle of cash only transactions. Legitimate business people will offer multiple payment options including cash. If you would like us to assist in locating housing for your daughter we can at no charge to you:
Renting and cash only sounds like the Landlord is not claiming the income to the IRS or it may be an illegal apartment
Boo cash only they usually mean there is no mortgage involved. You would be able to provide money order or cashiers check. I would recommend working with a buyer's agent to assist you to make sure it's on the up and up.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, Realtor
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
Kpaytas@mirealsource.com