For Rent in Sacramento>Question Details

Khazanauk, Home Owner in Sacramento, CA

I'd like to know the places where I can put my house for rent. 4 br 2ba clse to everything - available in a week or two

Asked by Khazanauk, Sacramento, CA Wed Nov 2, 2011

Previous renter did not pay for five months - paid first and last month's when moved. No rent received for five months until evicted. House was packed and trashed - removed appliance etc. very bad experience - help
khazanauk@yahoo.com

Answers

10
All great suggestions thus far and hopefully this one will help as well. Place the information on a site called Postlets. It’s free and it will be sent out to a number of other sites, Zillow, Hotpads, etc. all for no charge. You can also post directly from Postlets to a Craig’s List account without having to write all the code. Just cut and paste. Hope this helps. Also if you are interested I am a Property Manager managing over 850 properties and would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

All the best ,

Bob Thomas, CRS, GRI
Mark III Management
Broker- Associate
1321 Howe Ave. Suite 101
Sacramento, CA. 95825
916.920.0561
916.920.1996 Fax
bob@markiiimgmt.com
I am sorry to hear about your recent trouble with tenants. I get a lot of my tenants off of craigslist. Also Postlets is a good one to use. Are you running credit / background checks on applicants? Have you considered using a property management company?
Web Reference: http://www.tkrproperty.com
I would like to know where your house is located. We are in need of a 3 or 4 bedroom 2 bath house in Rancho Cordova or the 95826 zip code. I have stable employment and we are reliable people. We need to move within 4 weeks. Know of anyone that has any info? Of course we have first month's and a security deposit. We are trying for a lease w/option to own
Lori
lbrokenshire916@gmail.com
I ask to see all their utility bills from their last residences .PGE and SMUD. Credit reports alone don't tell enough of the whole story on a persons probability to pay. I also try to drive past their current home to see if it looks trashed from the outside.
I tend to be suspicious of people who launch into convoluted stories about people who done em wrong. and about why they have to move. Another suspicion is people who excessively boast about their religious faith, as if that makes up for lack of income, a bad rental and credit record.

In today's rental market, it is difficult to expect a perfect credit record from an applicant, but if it is all bad with no good history at all, you have to be cautious.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
All that have been listed are great places for you to run your ads. I have great success with http://www.Rentals.com kinda pricey but well worth it. Many of my listing I test marketed there
first and have been able to get them leased out before putting them in MLS. Great Rentals are going in 24 hours to 3 days here. You will need to be able to run credit, do a backround check, and talked to old landlords to get good tenants. Realtors can do a great job of getting good tenants. Doing it yourself may not be the best way to go.
Best Of Success!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
I agree with Robert use Postlets to get it out on multiple websites. The other answers are good as well. I would use them all, free ones first.
Web Reference: http://icaresac.com
Craigslist, you might try rentclicks.com and look at forrent.com--usually that's just apartments, but they may take homes for rent by owner. And Sacbee.com is another site to try, not sure if that is free or not.
Hi there...

I'm feeling your pain as a one time United States president said back in the 90's...

One of the things you might consider is working with a property manager. You can either have them do just a "lease up" which means they would market your property, do the back ground screening and complete all the paper work and conduct the "move in" process, after which they just turn it over to you.

We've done that many times for folks who don't like to market it, but can handle the ongoing management themselves.

Or... you could just hire a property manager to do it all.... at any rate pick a company that does mostly "internet" marketing...

One thing I don't agree with is that I'm not a big fan of "section 8" housing.

Just a couple of reasons why.... #1, you get tenants that pay very little into it and they don't take care of your property and #2, you get the government involved in dealing with the tenants.

Now there are going to be people who will disagree with me... but if your home is located in a decent enough area with some curb appeal and you've fixed it up after this last tenant's trashing, you'll not have any problem getting a new tenant in.

I hope this helps.

Make it a great day....
As an agent and a landlord, I have had good responses on Craigslist.com, Rental.com, here on Trulia, and sometimes on the section 8 website. I am extremely careful once I receive potential tenants. I interview them, do a background check and call their references. Use your gut feeling, if you feel okay with them. All of us who are landlords have some sort of bad experiences. If you don't feel comfortable, there are property management companies in Sacramento that will help you.
Nancy Bergman

DRE #01893550
Century 21 - Noel David Realty
Agent
Office 916-967-2200

Your Neighbor and Real Estate Agent in North Sacramento
Have you considered listing with an agent....