Arthur Westm…, Renter in Ahwatukee Foothills,...

I am planning to move to Phoenix, AZ from Cleveland, OH. My problem is finding the right place for my family without being scammed. I am retired.

Asked by Arthur Westmoreland, Ahwatukee Foothills, Phoenix, AZ Wed Dec 25, 2013

I have a house for rent in the Sonoran Foothills. Community pool, tennis, activity center. We bought it to retire in some years from now. Perfect for a retiree. 2320 w horsetail trail, phoenix, az 85085…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 4, 2014
Wow ! There's a lot of great answers here ! If you would like some help from someone who has also made the Cleveland to Phoenix move, (I'm from Ohio City), feel free to contact me ! Good luck!
Web Reference:
I am working with a family from Cleveland OH and I can definitely give you their referral and I can help you settle down in Phoenix.

Harnek Singh Dadiala
623 229 6691
Hi Arthur,
I just saw your question above. Have you moved down to Phoenix or are you in the process of moving? Please let me know if I can help. There are lots of good places here in Phoenix area that are suitable.
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
Arthur, have you considered buying? If not, it may be a good option for you, and your payment could possibly be lower than what you would be paying for rent.

If this sounds like something you may be interested in, don't hesitate to contact me.

4802759566 -- you can also search rentals via this site

I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Looks like you are in Ahwatukee - vacationing or visiting? This town is full of realtors and agents of all types and if you ask them they are wonderful. Having said that, I would start with your church or a group that you are interested in like maybe the Elks, or if you are a veteran, go to some of their offices.

I am retired. I have lived here since 1974. As a single female I am SOOO good at not being scammed. Just be careful and follow your instincts. I would not start with a realtor, they are salesmen - need I say more.
I have a house for rent in the sonoran foothills. Perfect for retiree. We bought it last year looking to retire some years from now. 2320 W horsetail trail, Phoenix, AZ 85085
Hi Arthur,

I would suggest interviewing a few agents.

Most importantly have the agent go over a plan to find your home most effectively..

Feel free to contact me direct for a written plan and relocation material to the area.

Lucinda Tkach
Arthur, have you considered buying as an option, a lot of times it is a lot cheaper than what you would be paying for rent!

Also, if you find a reliable real-estate agent, with a good brokerage, they will be able to help you without being scammed!

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Phone: 4802759566

Hi Authur,
Looks like you are looking to rent. I have sold a house to a client from OH and I am working currently with a second one. Having said that. I can help you find a rental or if you are ready to buy as well. I have been selling homes in Phoenix Metro since 2004 and I specialize in representing buyers and sellers.

I would love to help you find the right place for your family. Have a happy new year 2014.

Harnek Singh Dadiala
623 229 6691
Web Reference:
Hi Arthur, I would be happy to help you find a home here in Phoenix. I am also from Cleveland, and have many reviews and testimonials available on-line that are easy to find. Feel free to contact me at 480.306.0730 , good luck either way, happy holidays !
Web Reference:
You should consider having a Realtor represent you. They can help you find a him, coordinate the application process, review the lease for you, and coordinate the home for your arrival in town. Realtors have extensive education and training to help you find a home based on your needs and protect your best interest.
sorry couldnt help myself
Flag Sat Jan 4, 2014
find a him? are you a Madam
Flag Sat Jan 4, 2014

Like any significant business transaction, it is important you are comfortable with the person you are working with. You will spend a significant amount of time with the agent you select to work with and you should feel confident your needs are being met. Take the time to interview more than one agent and I would suggest you visit the realtors office. You should expect to be provided a market analysis of the general area of interest and then your agent should provide a market analysis showing recent sales and current listings of homes similar to those you are interested in. t You will have the opportunity to have your home both appraised and inspected before any of your investment is committed. If I can be of help with your process, please let me know. It would be great to welcome you to the Valley of the Sun with a satisfying home purchase experience......

Martin Crist
Coldwell Bank Residential Brokerage
(602) 405-6804

There are many good agents in Phoenix and we can all sell you on our fantastic qualities, however please understand you can interview multiple agents before buying and chose someone that you think will take the time to understand your needs. When you are buying a home to live in it is a very standard process. Buy a home listed on the MLS, ask your agent to pull comparable homes to verify your offer price. If you are getting a loan the appraisal will verify your purchase price. If you are paying cash order an appraisal to ensure you are not over paying. It is worth the $500 for your peace of mind. There are many checks and balances to provide security with your purchase. Of course we would like the opportunity to be one of your interviews. Merry Christmas
Well said:)
Flag Sat Jan 4, 2014
Happy Holidays Arthur,

I am an Associcaire Broker/ REALTOR with Re/Max an International compamy with an impecable reputation. Please clients will attest to my integrity and desire to find the best home with the most value at an affordable price. i service the whole valley and every price range.

My references and testimonials are available to you. Please give the opportunity to speak with you or meet you. There is no obligation to the buyer inworking with a REALTOR.

I am originally from New York myself. In fact, my son went to the University of Buffalo. It is vey different purchasing property in new York than Arizona. Lawyers are involved in writing the contracts in New York. Here in Arizona we are licensed ans education to write the contracts. I have taken extra education obtaining the Graduate REALTOR institute designation (GRI) which prepares us to fully understand how to protect the buyer.

I look forward to being of service to you.

My direct number is 623-340-6934

Re/Max Luxury Real Estate
Direct: 623-340-6934
Toll Free: 866-961-3636
Hi Arthur,
I am originally from Buffalo, just down the road on the I-90! Congrats on escaping from lake effect snow!
I am not sure what has happened that you are concerned about being scammed, but I can assure you that I take my clients' needs very seriously and will be happy to share some references with you. As a Broker, I have taken the extra education to best serve my clients...feel free to call me and "interview" me to see if you would feel comfortable with me representing you.
Are you planning to buy or rent?
Give me a call (or email!)
Eileen Shapiro
Sonoran Premier Properties
You can avoid that Arthur by working with a licensed realtor. My wife, Kim, is really good at listening to people and finding them exactly what they want with no pressure. She is a realtor with HomeSmart Arrowhead. Call her, see if she can help. 602.410.2771.

You need to find someone you trust and can communicate with to find the best home for you in AZ.

Often a phone call is a good start to identify what it is you want/need, area, price ranges etc. Once we begin to talk the flow will develop until we find the right spot for you.

We moved from Iowa 15 years ago and have always lived in the east valley, Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert etc.

Would be glad to help you accomplish this move to AZ.
Doug is a great agent! I worked with him at Realty Executives and he always took special care of his clients.
Flag Wed Jan 8, 2014

Happy holidays! Are you looking to rent or buy a home?

Please feel free to contact me to answer any of your questions

Heather Taylor
ProSmart Realty