For Rent in Rochester>Question Details

Ingrid Lacen, Other/Just Looking in Rochester, NY

I am moving to 22 Carthage Drive Rochester, NY

Asked by Ingrid Lacen, Rochester, NY Sun Oct 14, 2012

I am moving from out of state and do not know or trust that this is a scam so I guess the question is; is this home really for rent? why does the maps give me a different address everytime I type it 22 Carthage Drive in?

Answers

5
Sid Atrouni’s answer
Hi, I would suggest contacting a real estate agent in Rochester and discuss this issue. The agent will get the facts and present them to you. Also, it would be a very good idea to come to rochester for a few days to finalize your move. Good Luck
I found two addresses matching 22 Carthage Dr 14621. One is a commercial lot. The second is a two family dwelling owned by HUD.
I am not sure ... I would say to be VERY careful though. I (as a listing agent) have had many properties used as properties that are for rent when that was not the case. Unscrupulous people will take a listing that is in the MLS - often vacant - and advertise as for rent. Often the rent is a lot less than other properties in hopes that someone will forward the first months rent or sec. deposit to "hold" the property and when the person has all their stuff ready to move in it will be determined that it's not for rent and noone will be there for a refund!

I would be very careful renting from a long distance unless you can be sure that it's authentic.

Michael Walker
http://www.HomeFinderRochesterNY.com
In Rochester, there is a Carthage drive and a Carthage st close by to each other. Carthage drive is right off st.paul blvd right near the gorge! I have 19-21 Carthage drive listed right now for sale, but have no knowledge of if 22 Carthage drive is for rent, it is not listed for rent in the multiple listing service! If you would like additional info feel free to call or email. Xtinasmith@kw.com

Christina smith
Keller Williams
585.760.4926
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
Thank you so much for this information. I asked the landlord who goes by the name of "Luis" why it wasnt posted up anywhere and his answer was that he was trying to find someone to rent it to without having to post it up due to scams also. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I had a family member do a walk through and view the apartment and they said it was gorgeous and spacious, but however it seems too good to be true.
Flag Sun Oct 14, 2012
Scams do exist, therefore you are right in being cautious; see link below--contact any local agent/realty office and ask, you can also locate some area agents under the find a pro tab.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt002.shtm