For Rent in Riverdale>Question Details

Olga, Home Buyer in Williamsburg, Brooklyn...

I am looking for an apartment in Riverdale in a nice building for a couple. Our budget is up to 1500. Please call 917-703/5487 Olga

Asked by Olga, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

8
John Lajara’s answer
Hi Olga, 

Thanks for your inquiry. Our office has a rental division in Riverdale and we specialize in exclusive rental listings in the Bronx. Call the office at (929) 222-4200 and explain to the receptionist what you're looking for so she can assign you to the proper agent. Best of luck with your search! 

John Lajara REALTOR®/Notary Public Certified Buyer Representative® (CBR) Certified Distressed Property Expert® (CDPE) "Saving families from foreclosure"
Cell: 917-848-4655 Fax: 917-522-9638 Website: http://www.JohnsRealtySuccess.com E-mail Address:john25lajara@gmail.com
RE/MAX In The City
| 5776 Mosholu Ave Bronx| NY | 10471

Like me on Facebook for lifestyle info in the highly desirable Throgs Neck (Bronx, NY) http://www.facebook.com/throgsneck

Visit me on Trulia & Zillow! http://www.trulia.com/profile/johnlajara
Good morning Olga,

Maybe my response will prove useful. I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think a real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment. TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
I have a nice 1 Br apt in walking 1st Floor. $1300. 262 West 256 St Riverdale NY 10471. North riverdale. Private house. No broker fees. Call : 347 248 3538
Hello Olga,
Thank you for your inquiry. Please call Helena in our Rental Division and she will be happy to assist you with your search.

Have a great day.
Helen
K.Fortuna Realty
845-632-3492
Good Morning Olga,

I do have a 1 bedroom Rental $1350. Pre War Building in North Riverdale.
I can be reached on my cell 917-570-8420.

Have a great day,
Maria
Good Morning Olga,

I have a 1 bedroom in North Riverdale asking $1350. Great size windowed kitchen and windowed bathroom, Pre War building. Give a call Maria of Weichert Realtors' House & Home at 917-570-8420.

Have a great Day,
Maria
When are you free to view it? Our rental director william garcia can help you. Please give me a call at 646.588.1720 or send me an email at bruce.mcintyre@pantigagroup.com
Hi Olga,
My office has a ton. Check out our website http://www.riverdalerentals.net or contact us at 718-432-5000. We would be happy to help.