For Rent in Durham>Question Details

Jennifer Cas…, Renter in Burlington, NC

I am looking for a place to move in Durham or surrounding areas that will allow a pit bull. Any insight?

Asked by Jennifer Caswell, Burlington, NC Sat Oct 26, 2013

Add some detail about your question

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Durham

Answers

5
Jennifer The way this is written I suspect you are looking for a rental. Many of the apartment type living in the triangle do restrict dog breeds and pitts are one of 5 breeds that are more difficult to find rentals for along with the larger Doberman. I will be happy to send you rentals that allow pets and most will require a non refundable pet deposit. If you will email me the top of your budget and how many bedrooms you have to have as a minimum and I will see what Is out there for you in the triangle.
You can text me the information with your email also if that works for you and I will send over what is available. I will look for detached single family homes and send them over.
Deborah Rigsbee Miller
919-491-2826 (talk/text)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
I understand your concern as many places that allow pets do not allow what they consider bully breads. Pits fall within that range although in most cases are among the sweetest of dogs. It's just how they are raised. If you are looking to rent, you'll have to search for apartments or homes that allow pets and ask. If you are looking to purchase, the options are better although some HOAs if you are in a development also have anti bully breed restrictions.
Dear Jennifer,

If you're looking for a rental, I would be happy to help you find a place that would accept dogs. Most Property Managers require either a pet deposit, or an increase in rent to accommodate for the extra wear and tear of housing a dog.

You can contact me from my trulia page, and I would be happy to pull a few properties for you to look through.

You can also contact me directly:
(919) 636-1754
kendall.scoville@allentate.com
can recommend a great home if looking to own----private backyard with extra thick fence.
Hey Jennifer,
To rent? To own?
Plenty of places will allow "pets". There will be a "non refundable" pet deposit in most if not all.
You may go to my website; durhamhopevalleyhomefinder and set up a "listing alert" process to find the accommodations you are asking about. Make sure you check the box for "pets".
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013