For Rent in San Diego>Question Details

Jessica Arno…, Renter in

I am looking for a broker or agent in the San Diego area, who knows about rent to own options.

Asked by Jessica Arnold, Mon Sep 10, 2012

I am moving down to San Diego and would like assitance with looking for a home either to rent or rent to own for my family and myself.

Answers

4
I've brokered a number of these type of deals. I am a broker who buys and sells real estate and I also have a small property management business so there have been a few times when we have sold to the tenants via a lease to own option. There are many ways to structure the deal but my biggest take away is there is not very much risk to the owner but there is risk for the tenant (because of the option fee they must pay up front).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
Jessica,

These transactions are more complicated, and I love them and they can be so worth it. I am all about getting creative. I have a simple commission structure for these transactions. 1% of purchase price at Lease Option signing, + 2% if you decide to purchase.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Hello Jessica~

Welcome on your decision to move to San Diego! I would be curious to know where you are moving from and if you know what area of San Diego you would be interested in living. Although there are options for rent to own, many of my clients find that they end up not purchasing the home in the end. So consequently the higher rent pymt on a rent to own, does not always make financial sense. If you know San Diego well and know what neighborhoods you want to live and buy in, then it worth exploring. If you want to explore San Diego before you buy, then rent to own may not be the best option. Feel free free to call and reach out to myself or any agents on this post that you feel would be a good fit for you. A free consultation with an agent will save you a lot of time and energy!

Best wishes with your move!!

Chris Gorno
DRE# 01499885
619.788.4345
http://www.chrisgorno.com
Hi. My broker is a real estate attorney. We have done a few successfully. However, it is very very litigious and it concerns me a great deal. I have several ways to protect my clients now, and get them into homes without too much risk
I'm currently negotiating one right now in Carlsbad.
Please call me for more detailed info.
SHER Slavin. 619-993-5722