For Rent in New York>Question Details

John, Renter in New York, NY

I am looking for a 1 bedroom apartment ready to move in by first week of September, $1000-1250 price range. Manhattan.

Asked by John, New York, NY Sun Apr 22, 2012

Preferably Closer to the Riverside

Answers

9
We specialize in rentals, please check our site http://www.WERENTNY.com for updated listings, we do have some 1BR in that price range.
I just came across a listing for $1150 on East 41st like RIGHT by the river.
That is a rare listing at a way below market rate.

Most options will be uptown above 168th Street and studios, but there are some deals to be had out there. It will take time, patience and watching the market like a hawk!

You may need to take something earlier than ideal if it pops up.

To your success!

Happy home hunting!
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569.
Hi John, guess you've gotten the message from the other responders that $1000-$1250 doesnt really get you into most Manhattan apartments (even way uptown its a squeeze). I have, however, been able to find clients very nice decent sized sutdios in walk-up buildings (even on the first or second floor so it doesnt feel like a lot of climbing) in the $1700 range. I dont know if you have that much price flexibility but thought that might be of interest. Please let me know if I can be of help.
Charlie Summers, Bellmarc 917-376-1648
In Manhattan a small 1BR in a walk up will be around 2K and studios start at 15-1600. May be Washington Heights or Inwood. Good luck finding a place!
Check with local realty offices, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
I am a broker in the Upper manhattan
And have apts in that price range..
My website is http://www.levelgroup.com/rob
If u would like to contact me
My e-mail is rob@levelgroup.com
You should start your search 4-6 weeks prior to your preferred move-in date. If you are more flexible with a large studio versus a 1 bedroom you can probably find something and most likely it will in the uptown neighborhoods. Don't get discouraged and stay positive.
Well,

Good luck with that price range.

Because for that price you can only find in Upper Manhattan (harlem, Washington Height, etc.)

Warmest Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
International Market Specialist
VP of Sales and Rentals at the RS Group
Licensed Salesperson

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

"In the past, our growth has been by referral of current clients. We've never really done much marketing." Please refer us to your friends and family.
Raoul Sodgadji,

I never said I didn't want Harlem OR WASHINGTON HEIGHTS...I said I would prefer if is closer to Riverside...I've lived in Riverside for 10 years...I just prefer to stay on this side of broadway...
Flag Sun Apr 22, 2012