For Rent in Burleson>Question Details

Julie Vasquez, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

I am interested in renting or buying my credit is around 580 my husband has little to no credit. How do we get stared?

Asked by Julie Vasquez, Fort Worth, TX Thu Aug 30, 2012

We have a healthy income and great rental history we just don't know were to start?

Answers

5
I agree with Joe. You need to take a step back and find somebody to work with to get your credit in order. This will probably take a year or so but you first need to understand why you are where you are and what you need to do to ensure your credit is now moving in the right direction.

You will need to get some secured credit cards from a major bank that reports to the credit bureau. Do not ever charge more than 40% of whatever your secured limit is or you will lessen the impact of having the revolving credit. Also set up an installment loan.. also secured. You can give the bank $1000 in a CD to use as collateral and pay it back over the course of a year. Make sure all accounts are reported to the credit bureaus so you can get the benefit... if they don't report to the credit bureaus there is no need to do these things. Find lenders who are willing to do this. Locally Wells Fargo and Frost Bank are a couple of lenders who will set up these types of accounts.

Find a lender who will work with you over the next year or so and guide you on other things you can do to make sure your credit is improving.

Best of luck to you both!

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Web Reference: http://www.AustinListed.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
Your credit score may need to come up a little before you are able to buy, but some of the lenders I work with are able to give you a few helpful ways of bringing your score up in a short amount of time. You say your husband has little or no credit, but that's okay. We can work with that. Call me and I can have a lender speak to you and within about 10 minutes, we'll have some ideas of what we can do. You may be surprised. Call me at (817) 517-9355. I'm here to help.
Hi Julie,

First thing we need to do is get you guys per approved. Have great mortgage lenders that can help you- then we start looking for that perfect home. Give us a call or email us.

Kim Sullivan -817-797-4706- kimsullivanrealty@gmail.com or
Shawn Jackson 817-521-0125- jacksojnj@aol.com
The Michael Group
I have a great mortgage person that can help you. If needed she can recommend ways to improve your credit scores in less than 90 days. Call me and I will connect you with her. 8172664959

Thanks Jolene Clarke
Please give me a call an I will be happy to guide you!
Teleisha Schmidt
Realty stop
817-726-4919
Teleisha@ts1realty.com