For Rent in 77006>Question Details

akbarnwell, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX

I am an individual looking to find someone to takeover my apartment lease in Houston. How do I post this listing?

Asked by akbarnwell, Houston, TX Tue Oct 30, 2012

1 vote Share Flag For Rent in 77006

Help the community by answering this question:


Do you have your landlord's approval? If not, that would be the first step. Many owners would want to interview the new prospective tenant before granting permission for a sublease. If you live in a complex with a management company, it may be even more difficult. Whatever the circumstances, do not go behind the owner's back ... it could be a very expensive lesson.

Assuming that it's OK, I'd post it on Craigslist or one of those "green sheets" found in many restaurants and convenience stores. I own several rental properties, and would not want to lease any of my homes to a stranger. Best of luck ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 30, 2012
Good news for you. I'd post the ad in Craigslist with the caveat that there will be a $50 application fee, and credit/work/rental history will be checked. If application is approved, you would reimbirse the new tenant the $50. Best of luck.
Flag Thu Nov 1, 2012
Thank you for your response Al Geffon! I have spoken to my apartment manager and was told to find someone, they would need to fill out the application, pay the $50 application fee (which I would be happy to pay) and if approved I would move out and they would move in and I would be released of all liability. Hopefully this is correct information!
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Harris County > Houston > 77006 > For Rent in 77006 > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer