For Rent in 77006>Question Details

akbarnwell, Real Estate Pro in Houston, TX

I am an individual looking to find someone to takeover my apartment lease in Houston. How do I post this listing?

Asked by akbarnwell, Houston, TX Tue Oct 30, 2012

1 vote Share Flag For Rent in 77006

Answers

1
Do you have your landlord's approval? If not, that would be the first step. Many owners would want to interview the new prospective tenant before granting permission for a sublease. If you live in a complex with a management company, it may be even more difficult. Whatever the circumstances, do not go behind the owner's back ... it could be a very expensive lesson.

Assuming that it's OK, I'd post it on Craigslist or one of those "green sheets" found in many restaurants and convenience stores. I own several rental properties, and would not want to lease any of my homes to a stranger. Best of luck ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Good news for you. I'd post the ad in Craigslist with the caveat that there will be a $50 application fee, and credit/work/rental history will be checked. If application is approved, you would reimbirse the new tenant the $50. Best of luck.
Flag Thu Nov 1, 2012
Thank you for your response Al Geffon! I have spoken to my apartment manager and was told to find someone, they would need to fill out the application, pay the $50 application fee (which I would be happy to pay) and if approved I would move out and they would move in and I would be released of all liability. Hopefully this is correct information!
Flag Tue Oct 30, 2012