For Rent in Dallas>Question Details

Kristin Alex…, Renter in Nacogdoches, TX

I am a 23 year old teacher and will be living with my friend, a 22 year old college student. We have 2 inside pets, and one outside. Where do I begin?

Asked by Kristin Alexander, Nacogdoches, TX Mon Jul 16, 2012

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Dallas

Answers

9
While there is some merit to the the advice to go to craigslist, I have found that as an agent I have a little more negotiating power for my renters. Properties that are held by investors and managed by property management companies tend to have much tighter restrictions on their rental agreements but if you have an agent who will go digging for you to find a property that is more likely to take all the animals then you have the best of both worlds. Bear in mind though that you typically have to pay a deposit equal to the first months rent for a house, plus a higher non-refundable pet deposit.

Give me a call or email if you any questions.

Kerri Soderberg
Realty Associates
214-991-1461
Kerrisoderberg@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2012
Think about buying. Contact me about a program BBVA Compass has for teachers: 3% down payment, no PMI, all funds, including the down payment can be gifted! You may find your mortgage payment will be less than what you pay in rent. My office number is 972-705-2806.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
I recommend seeking the help of a REALTOR, who will help you through the entire process! Many folks think they can go it alone, but please remember, buying, leasing, or selling a home is not a simple task. I wish you the best in your house-hunting and thanks for being an educator, you are a hero and role model :)
We are wanting to rent.

Addison/Carrollton/Plano area.

$1200/month max.

Need a fenced yard.
What par of town do you want to live and do you want to lease or buy?

I need more info.

Kenny
Hi Kristin,

What part of town are you looking?

If you are in the Dallas Metroplex - I can help you.

you can check out my website at http://www.findyourtexashome.com.

Like some have mentioned that the 3 pets would be an issue but you will have to prepare for a double pet deposit. They usually runs about 250-300 per pets. So you just have to save up and able to put down a big deposit.

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
dixondfw@gmail.com
Several factors will determine where to begin; income, credit, location, fenced yard and pet-friendly landlords!

E-mail me at lesleyh1015@yahoo.com or give me a call at 214-518-4926 and we can get started!

~Lesley
Craigslist....and try to go direct to owners, not through realtors or management companies. Three pets will me an issue with many, so you need to likely go direct.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You can send me your information and I would be happy to help you find a place!! My email is deanna@selectrealtypartners.com