For Rent in Fort Worth>Question Details

Aveantai Smi…, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

I am a single mom of six, a full time student, and I am looking for a home with a reasonable price, in a great neighborhood, schools, and spacious.

Asked by Aveantai Smith, Fort Worth, TX Mon Dec 31, 2012

Rick D’s answer
Dear Mrs. Smith,

In the area in Northeast Tarrant County, you will find several 4-bedroom houses priced around $1200 to $1250. This is also the area of the best-rated schools in the county. But maybe the location of the home depends on where you will be working. I'm afraid we don't have enough information to zero in on just the right property for you.

The bottom line is this: You don't need 14 agents all telling you where they know a house is located that is for lease. You need ONE good Agent who will work with you, and help you find the right house for your family. So quit "fishing" on line for a house, and hook up with an experienced agent who can really help you get approved for the house you require.

I can also help you save some money on your electric bill. One of my neighbors is now saving over $1,000 a year. So be sure to get in touch with me before you hook up your utilities, no matter whcih house you rent.

You didn't say when you need a house. The ones on the market today will all be gone by the first of February. So contact me directly as soon as you can. Then we can get started on the application process.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Great home in Arlington Heights 3-4 bedroom, 1.5 bath. $119K call 817-360-0778 Call David Lewis as I am the owner of the house.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2013
I understand needing more space with kids! Are you looking to purchase or rent? Please feel free to contact me with your specifics and we can talk more about finding a great spot for you and your family if you're not already working with an agent. Best of luck and wow, 6 kids and a full time student! Awesome!!
or 817-795-2500.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Ms. Smith:

Your question is too vague to be answered by anyone on here. What is your price range? ("reasonable price" is a subjective term.) You didn't even say if you wanted to buy or rent a house. (?) How does one define a "great neighborhood"? That is up to you to judge.

A "spacious" home for six kids and one adult may be hard to find, but you need to define your terms. How many bedrooms do you require for six kids? We would need to know their ages and genders, as well as your preferences. (Do you require 7 bedrooms, or would 4 work?)

If you are a full-time student, the landlord is going to want to know what your source of income is. How will you afford a large house? Some property managers may not want to rent to six small children, so it depends on their ages, I guess. Who cares for them while you are at school?

The bottom line to all of my questions is that you need to sit down with an Agent who can help you, and discuss your situation. Then we can move forward to find you the right house. And when you are ready to connect utilities, I can help you save money on your electric bill, so call me.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hi, You can visit and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They even have a great side by side zip code comparison feature. As for schools you can visit,, and for in-depth school reports. once you do your research and feel comfortable with an area your local agent can help you locate a home.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Good Morning Aveantai,

If you are looking for a specific neighborhood or school district within Fort Worth, I can email you properties within a specific area. If you are wanting to search on your own, Trulia has a great search engine, as well Feel free to reach out to me if you need me to send you a list.
Have a great day!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
I am looking for a spacious four bedroom, two+ bathroom, with carpet only in the rooms, nice size backyard, good neighborhood and schools. Looking for houses that are between $900-1250 a month. If possible i would also like it to have two living area, a dining area, washer and dryer connection. Thanks everyone for all your help and I will be contacting you soon.