For Rent in Norfolk>Question Details

Lakysha Barb…, Renter in Norfolk, VA

IM LOOKING TO RENT AN APT IN NORFOLK, I HAVE THE INCOME BUT NOT THE CREDIT, IF YOU CAN HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW...THANKYOU

Asked by Lakysha Barbour, Norfolk, VA Tue Feb 7, 2012

LOOKING FOR A PRIVATE OWNER OR A COMPANY THAT WILL UNDERSTAND...

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Norfolk

Answers

4
Ok, since I'm in sales, my natural answer to you is... Have you talked to a lender to see if you can buy? The reason for that is if you have the income and not the credit, you may just be able to pay off the stuff that is hendering your credit, show receipt of doing so, get qualified and possibly buy something in the next 45-60 days! If you don't have any credit, some lenders have the flexibility to use utility bills, phone bills, etc... to get you started. If you don't mind apartment style living, use the qualification to buy a duplex. Live in one side and rent the other. Lastly, if you have already exhausted those options, let me know what type of property you are looking for and I will keep my eyes and ears open for private owners that are looking to rent as I pass numerous generic "For Rent" signs everyday! With the cost of rent these days and with low interest rates, it would be great if you were able to buy. I'd love to help you. Call/text/email me today- Lisa @ 757-754-0924
lisawithc21@aol.com
Dear Lakysha Barbour,
Ditto to what Jodi said. Please feel free to contact me also.
Thank you so much,
Michael Harris
Long and Foster Realtors
757-672-1346
I am also trying to find a place in Norfolk that will rent without credit check or at least not so strict on bad credit.My husband,9yr old son and I are relocating in Aug,and we really need a place preferably near the Elem.school Crossroads.I can be reached by email@...........mrsysm@hotmail.com
Flag Fri May 31, 2013
Hello Lakysha,

If you do not have good credit, you really need good rental references and you may decide to look at homes for rent by owners, since they sometimes fail to pull credit reports. When you go, be certain you look nice and your car is very clean. If you have children, they must be clean, polite, and obedient. And it would be beneficial if you have a good explanation for the credit issues.

AND ALWAYS, without fail, pay your rent on time. If you do not, you may never be able to move again. You must put rent first since you need a roof over your head.

Occasionally an agent or owner will consider your application if you can pay a double deposit. If it is an agent, you might volunteer that you have credit issues but that you are willing to pay two months deposit.

Take care and good luck.
Wilma Clay
Lakysha Barbour,
I would be more than happy to help you find a place to rent. Please feel free to contact me.+

Jodi Shuler
Long and Foster Real Estate
Norfolk
757-404-6770