For Rent in Sacramento>Question Details

Jenny, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

How to find renters?

Asked by Jenny, Sacramento, CA Mon Mar 18, 2013

I have a rental home in Natomas, Sacramento. The current tenants are moving out of the area. I'd like to offer compensation to any agent who brings a renter. What can I do to reach agents to let them know that?

Answers

5
If you're interested in a property manager, try Hammer Real Estate Group (my broker):

http://www.hammerrealestategroup.com

916-482.3800
I would always have a Craigslist Ad going as it only costs you time. IF you are not successful there and are in need of getting your overhead covered you should interview a few Property Management companies near by your Rental. If you are STILL in need of getting a renter then go the old fashion way get at least 10 FOR RENT signs with balloons tied to them and guide in potential renters from the main streets near by and have an "OPEN HOUSE". Make sure to have a sign in sheet and have yourself a note pad to make notes on potential renters.
Let us know how it goes and what worked best...
Thank you, Eddie, for the suggustions. Yes, I have my ads on Craiglist, but there are so many competitions out there. My tenants are still in the house, I will have to wait until they moved out to do "Open House". I probably should interview some PM companies.
Flag Mon Mar 25, 2013
I'm in the Sacramento area also, and generally people post their homes online. I rented two of my rentals through craigslist.
Hello Jenny,

Many agents provide leasing representation. You can simply list your home for LEASE with an agent. They will post it on the MLS. There are plenty of agents working with clients looking to lease.

With so many people having completed short sales, and unable to buy in the immediate future, many are looking to lease.

Contact an agent in your area and list your home for lease. The lease market is heating up.

Much Success to you!!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hi Jenny,

May I ask why you are relying on a real estate agent to bring you a renter? Not that they can't. Just that that is not our area of expertise. We help people buy and sell homes. Renters usually come through property management companies or from rental postings such as http://www.craisglist.com

Another great way to find a good renter is to post a for rent sign right out front of the property. People who are visiting with family and friends, and like the neighborhood, might see your sign and decide they want to rent.

To answer your question, if I, as an agent, had a renter for your home, I would not require compensation. I would, however, ask to be your REALTOR, in the event you deire to sell the home in the future. :)

If you'd like to email me the property address and bed/bath, sq ft, rent rate, I will locate a good tenant for you. I do know someone looking in Natomas for a rental.

keisha.mathews@century21.com