For Rent in Las Vegas>Question Details

Chelsea Yuan, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

How much is regular finding fee?

Asked by Chelsea Yuan, Las Vegas, NV Mon Dec 17, 2012

I have a house for rent and I will manage it. I would like to pay a Realtor to find me a tenant. How much will cost it to find a tenant?

Answers

4
Good day Chelsea,
There are 2 fees to be concerned with.

Many Brokers do not allow the Realtor/Agent to post rental listings in the MLS due to the tremendous liability the Agent and Broker face. In Nevada you must be licensed as a Property Manager to conduct Property Management business. You may locate a Broker that will list it as a rental for you. Brokers doing that may ask for $200 to $500 depending upon the advertising that they do for you. You may locate a Broker to list it for free. In that case, you get what you pay for.

You need to remember that a Realtor is typically not in the business to locate rental properties. Realtors assist people in buying and selling of their property. Some Realtors accommodate their clients by listing the rental properties. Consult the Realtor that represented you in the transaction to get a more specific cost for them to list it as a rental.

The 2nd cost is what will you offer to the Broker/Agent locating the tenant.
When I post a listing for one of my rentals, I award the Tenant's Broker/Agent $400 to $500 if the property is rented to the person they showed it to. That is enough to encourage an agent to show the property. It is also less than a vacant unit will cost me.

You can offer as much or as little as you like. The small award fees will not entice an agent to look at your property. I see listings with reward fees from $100 and $1500. That does not pay the gas for an agent to show the property. The $100 reward does get the listing into the MLS so that people can see if searching the Web.

Speak to the Realtor that you choose to work with and follow their gridlines.
Good luck with your rental.

New Web Sites:

http://www.SHORTSELL4FREE.INFO

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
Realty One Group
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
Fax: 866-286-2099
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 17, 2012
Please visit this page of our site and tell us about your property. http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/property-management--rent…

From there we can send you what rent/deposits we can get for your property as well as how we will accomplish that. Our email will also include all fees associated with listing your property and helping you find a qualified tenant.

If you need property management services we can put you in touch with our in house property manager here at Rothwell Gornt Companies, Marc Gisi. He can discuss all fees and services on the property management side for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
I would love to discuss in more detail . Cost on average between $300 - $800 but the referral to 2nd agent is the most important figure to consider. Give me a call and let me explain the process. I am very good at what I do. I am a permitted property manager
Chelsea,
Commissions are not set and subject to mutual agreement between you and the agent. Look for someone who handles rentals regularly, like a property manager. They may offer finding a tenant as a separate service from full time management.