For Rent in Chandler>Question Details

Ens1020, Renter in

How hard will it be to rent a decent single family home with bad credit in AZ?

Asked by Ens1020, Thu Jun 14, 2012

We are relocating to AZ, hoping to reside in the Chandler area. And we're wondering how hard it would be to rent a place? We have bad credit with a foreclosure and dimissed BK (chap 13).. we got suckered into bad law firm. A decent place in a good school district with 2 young kids with disabilities? Any tips or suggestions?

There are ways to sweeten the deal if you find rental you love and get rejected. Offer higher deposits, our legal max is 1.5 times the monthly rent. However, there are cleaning deposits, pet deposits, etc. that can be offered without actually permanently coming out of pocket. Also, personal opinion, check into the Kyrene school district.
Hello, truly it shouldn't be too hard as long as you can show a good, solid income. I represent homeowners that rent their homes and they normally will look at credit but more importantly they look at income and how you have been about paying your rent. In this market, if homeowners just looked at credit, alot of people would not be able to rent. Unfortunate things happen and this is understandable. If you would like for me to start sending you rental listings in Chandler please send me the area you are interested in, the type of home features you would like and the monthly rent you would like to pay. I will need your email and name to set you up on an automatic search so please send this information to me on my email. I just was able to put a client in a beautiful apartment and he had a bk and missed his house payments. So don't fret that you won't find anything. Chandler is a really beautiful city with very nice people. You should love it here. I am happy to help.

You will be able to find a good place near to schools for kids with special needs. As it has been pointed out in previous posts, the proof of income and ability to pay the rent will be pretty important. Please feel free to call me to more details about the search.

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference:
I'd be happy to help you! I'm in Chandler and we have good schools. As long as you have a job renting should be no problem for you with your past history. I also rent and went thru the same. Let me know and I'll set you up on a portal with active rentals in this area.
Debra Seberg Realtor 480-358-8214 anytime
Bad credit and a foreclosure are not always seen as major issues when it comes to renting. With all the issues that have been going on with the housing market you are definately not alone. The bigger issue is that you can show that you make 3 times the rent payment and that you have stable income. If you have money in a bank account or other type of account then that can also help you in finding a rental. Also, if you have any past rental history then they will probably look at that. They will be looking to see if you have been making payments on time and if there are any notable problems. They may also contact your employer to verify employment.

If you need any further help with finding a rental then let me know and I will forward your request to an agent that works rentals in that area.