For Rent in Long Beach>Question Details

Kathleen Wade, Renter in Long Beach, CA

How does one post a warning about a possible scam address?

Asked by Kathleen Wade, Long Beach, CA Fri Feb 15, 2013

381 Laurinda Ave, Long Beach turned out to be a scam. The rent was the lure, but the "owner" is out of town and wanted to have anyone who is interested in renting must forward a down payment/rental fee of $1,000 in advance. Not cool.

Answers

3
Hi Kathleen, This is Cindi Rogan from Coldwell Banker Beachside in Long Beach. I agree with Mike, definitley report it to the LBPD, but if the ad came from Craig's list, I would report it to them asap also. Perhaps you can have the police drive by the address and notify the owners and they can also work to have the fraud stopped. I would want to know if my address was being used. There is a good chance the owners really are not home, in that case, the scammers are setting the owners up for a robbery. the police should be aware that that this info is being made public on Craig's list fraudulently. Call me if you would like to chat about this or real estate/rentals in Long Beach!! Hope that helps!! :)

Cindi Rogan
REALTOR, Coldwell Banker Beachside
6265 E. 2nd St. Long Beach, CA 90803
562-260-8395
DRE# 01771455
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Any phone number or contact info can be sent or given to LBPD
Long Beach Police Department (Headquarters)
400 W. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
Front Desk: (562) 570-7260
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Unfortunately, the posting came from this site - Trulia! I am a tad more "seasoned" now. Sheepishly still seeking ... you all are the coolest folks!! Thank you!